This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Expected ']'

5 Answers 58 Views
ToolTip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tayonee
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tayonee asked on 22 Dec 2008, 05:00 PM
I have a web page that contains a radtree and a tooltipmanager.  Whenever the user clicks on a tree node the tooltip manager displays data relevant to that particular node.  This all works great on the development machine.  Whenever I upload it to any of the production servers I receive an Expected ']' error from the Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd. 

Here is where the error is being reported from: this._targetControls=eval(_47);
Which is part of /* START Telerik.Web.UI.ToolTip.RadToolTipManager.js */.

Does that info help?

Thanks

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 26 Dec 2008, 10:31 AM
Hello Tayonee,

I assume that most probably the problem comes from the fact that your TargetControls IDs have special signs - please note that there are certain convention rules for constructing IDs and you should stick to them. Otherwise the logic will be destroyed and problems occur. The most popular definition of an identifier is a sequence of letters and numbers, which begins with a letter. You can find a more detailed information about this here. It is important to stick to these convention not only for convenience but also because special characters are interpreted from the compiler in a different way and this can cause a problem as in your case.

Please, rework your project in order to use correct IDs and test it again - this should fix the problem.

Regards,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tayonee
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Dec 2008, 05:47 PM
I checked the project for anything improperly named.  I found one subroutine using an underscore that was not an event handler.  Renamed that subroutine and reuploaded code to production server.  Problem still persists.  If it was a naming issue would it not effect both the development machine and the production machine?  Currently the error is only on the production machine.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 31 Dec 2008, 12:45 PM
Hi Tayonee,
Could you please send us the HTML your page outputs (View -> Source)? It would be best if you could send us a live URL as well, where we can reproduce the problem, together with detailed steps we need to follow in order to reproduce it.

Sincerely yours,
Tsvetie
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tayonee
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Dec 2008, 02:58 PM
Where should I send it?
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jan 2009, 08:49 AM
Hi Tayonee,
As you cannot attached files in the forums, in order to send us a file, you have to open a new support ticket and attach the file to it. However, in your case, you can simple paste the HTML in your reply here.

Sincerely yours,
Tsvetie
the Telerik team

Tags
ToolTip
Asked by
Tayonee
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
Tayonee
Top achievements
Rank 1