This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Expand\Collapse Columns

3 Answers 241 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Liam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Liam asked on 25 Jan 2012, 07:58 PM
Hi,

Is there any functionality for columns, similar to the DetailTables for rows, which will allow me to group columns together and through a button press expand\collapse them?

My client has an Excel spreadsheet with 20 columns in it and they want me to replicate the funcationality they have, displaying all the data. I've told them that it'd be too wide for the screen, so they've asked if they can expand\collapse sections of the data (I can logically split it in to 4 separate sections).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rgds
Liam

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jan 2012, 11:16 PM
Liam:

I''d suggest that you take a look at the Custom expand/collapse column with ExpandAll/CollapseAll image button in the header Code Library project. It should provide a solid starting point for your effort.

Hope this helps!
Liam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jan 2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the link to the article, unfortunately this is the first sample that I downloaded and tried and relates to DetailTables, which allow the expanding and collapsing of rows - Not columns.

I thought that if there was functionality for rows, there might be something for columns, but not been able to find anything hinting at this.

Thanks once again for the reply and trying to help out :-)
Liam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jan 2012, 05:04 PM
I finally found what I was looking for :-)

The AllowColumnHide property, I've not implemented yet, but from reading up on it I think it's what I've been looking for.

It can be seen in the following example.

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/client/clientsideapi/defaultcs.aspx
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Liam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Liam
Top achievements