This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Expand/collapse All

8 Answers 781 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Hamid
Top achievements
Rank 1
Hamid asked on 11 Feb 2011, 12:05 AM
Would be possible to expand/collapse all groups with one click?I want to expand all groups in image1 attached(i.e. R00-17) with one click..

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 14 Feb 2011, 04:28 PM
Hi Hamid,

You would have to add/choose the report item that would trigger that drill-down action and set the row/column groups you would like to be affected in the "Toggle Targets".

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team
Get started with Telerik Reporting with numerous videos and detailed documentation.
Thomas Schicker
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Apr 2011, 05:25 PM
Is it possible to have a row grouping initially collapsed on load?  Right now the Toggle Target Initially Expanded Check box simply affects whether or not you see a open or closed toggle mark but it doesn't actually collapse the data.  How do I set the report to not only have the toggle mark initially collapsed, but also have the data collapsed initially?

Regards
Tom
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 15 Apr 2011, 09:15 AM
Hi Tom,

As explained in the Drilldown Report Action help article, "To define if the item exposing the action will be rendered initially with expanded or with collapsed mark, use the DisplayExpandedMark property." In other words the "Toggle mark initially expanded" checkbox defines if the item exposing the action will be rendered initially with expanded or with collapsed mark. It does not control the Visibility of the actual item. In other words, in order to achieve your goal, you should hide the column group initially (Visible=false) and uncheck the "Toggle mark initially expanded" checkbox. I've attached a short video from the CrossTab demo report that shows the desired behavior.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Thomas Schicker
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Apr 2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks Steve,

Worked like a charm.  I know there was a SIMPLE way to do this but I'm still pretty new to the Reporting controls and wasn't able to find the documentation.   Thanks for your help.

Tom
Madhuri k. chaube
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 18 Mar 2014, 05:08 AM
i m generating one report and I uses toggle visibility property.but initially it shows all the information in expanded form ...and I want that it is firstly in collapse nd when I click on + sign it wiil be expanded...plz  give me a suggetion ......
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Mar 2014, 01:28 PM
This is expected. You have to follow the Steve's response:

As explained in the Drilldown Report Action help article, "To define if the item exposing the action will be rendered initially with expanded or with collapsed mark, use the DisplayExpandedMark property." In other words the "Toggle mark initially expanded" checkbox defines if the item exposing the action will be rendered initially with expanded or with collapsed mark. It does not control the Visibility of the actual item. In other words, in order to achieve your goal, you should hide the column group initially (Visible=false) and uncheck the "Toggle mark initially expanded" checkbox. I've attached a short video from the CrossTab demo report that shows the desired behavior.
willie johnson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jun 2014, 08:26 PM
The video worked for me as well, only need to know how do i add a expand or collapse all toggle, i have a report that has 4 groups please see screen shot (Header, Buyer Group, Account Group, Commodity Group). What i need to happen is when the user click the toggle for Buyers (Expand/Collapse Buyer) all buyers will expand or collapse, need same thing to happen for Accounts.
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jun 2014, 01:48 PM
Hello Willie,

You would have to add/choose the report item that would trigger that drill-down action and set all of the row/column groups you would like to be affected in the Toggle Targets.
However, when you click the toggle for a particular buyer, only that buyer's details will be expanded. Thus, you need a report item which is higher in the group hierarchy.
For example, you can create a text box outside the Buyers group for the specific purpose of toggling all buyers visibility. Please check this video for a demonstration of this approach using the Product Sales per Period demo report.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Hamid
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Thomas Schicker
Top achievements
Rank 1