This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Event Calendar?

3 Answers 114 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Cole
Top achievements
Rank 1
Cole asked on 14 Apr 2010, 11:48 PM
Has anyone worked the Calendar into a Event Calendar that a website owner can input event info into, via Scheduler perhaps, and that the site viewer can click on to view event information? I don't find any demos of the Calendar that is being used in this way.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 16 Apr 2010, 09:10 AM
Hello,

RadCalendar allows you to define a collection of dynamic templates that customize the presentation of calendar days on a "per day" basis. The templates can contain regular HTML and are particularly useful if you want to implement a scheduler-like interface with extra information. I hope the following documentation would help you in getting started.
Day Templates

Regards,
Princy.
Cole
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Apr 2010, 07:19 PM
Princy - the display is close to what I'm talking about, but way too huge. What I'm looking for is a method to use these tools to deliver an event calendar to a website that the site visitor can very easily get the info on a given event. Much like this PHP Calendar: http://www.easyphpcalendar.com/demo.php?mo=4&yr=2010

Roll over the days and you see the event detail.

The site owner needs to be able to input the events. the site visitor to just see the events/details. Seems like it would be a very common use for a calendar feature. While all of the demos seem to focus on the aspect of date selection for forms.

For an organization like a homeowners association or a club or a non-prof that puts on speaking engagements...the calendar is for the site visitor to view a schedule of events and get information only. Those are the ideas we're looking to explore, yet I have found nothing here regarding what seems like a logical use of this component.
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 22 Apr 2010, 06:46 AM
Hello Cole,

I would suggest that you review the following online demo:

RadToolTip for RadCalendar

Regards,
Martin
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Cole
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
Cole
Top achievements