This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error with RSjQuery while using RadScriptManager and Microsoft.ReportViewer.Webforms 14.0.0.0 from VS 2015

1 Answer 263 Views
ScriptManager and StyleSheetManager
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sudha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sudha asked on 26 Sep 2017, 12:59 PM

I have installed SQLServer.Types (version 14.0.314.76 from NuGet) followed by Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportViewer.Webforms 14.0.0.0 (version: 140.802.134 NuGet) . 

The website has references to Telerik.Web.UI.dll (2017.2.711.45) and Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll (2017.2.711.45).

I am using RadScriptManager in a page.
I have followed all the steps (to add the control to a web page) and make sure web.config has the related entries for both ReportViewer.WebForms and ReportView.Common dlls, httphandlers, handlers etc. But, when I try to run (from Visual Studio 2015), it breaks at code line
  // Setup responsive toolbar layout         var self = this;
        if ($) {             window.$RSjQuery(window).on("resize", function () {                 self.ResizeToolbarIcons();             });         }
 in Microsoft.Reporting.WebFormsClient._Toolbar.prototype.ConnectEventHandlers() of Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd?OpType=Resource&Version=14.0.802.134&Name=ViewerScript[dynamic] and I noticed that the error is because 'window.$RSjQuery is undefined'. What could I be missing in my installations ? Could you please help?
Thank you

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 29 Sep 2017, 07:05 AM
Hi Sudha,

I examined the error details and noticed that the problem is not directly related to Telerik AJAX component. It could be due to a wrong jQuery version, not registered jQuery or something other that we are not aware of.

Does the problem happen if you replace RadScriptManager with Asp:ScriptManager? If yes, you can safely use the Asp:ScriptManager with all Telerik AJAX components so you can keep it.

If the problem is still reproducible with the Asp:ScriptManager contact Microsoft support or ask in the MS ASP.NET forums for help.

Best regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
ScriptManager and StyleSheetManager
Asked by
Sudha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Share this question
or