This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error when exporting to excel

5 Answers 222 Views
Spreadsheet
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brian asked on 05 Aug 2019, 04:46 PM

I get the following error in the browser console when exporting to excel from the ASP.NET core spreadsheet control.   This only happens on certain spreadsheet files and I am not sure what is causing it.  Is there a way to get a more detailed error message?

kendo.all.js:12691 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'target' of undefined
    at kendo.all.js:12691
    at Array.map (<anonymous>)
    at init.drawingsXML (kendo.all.js:12685)
    at o.toZIP (kendo.all.js:13063)
    at o.toBlob (kendo.all.js:13159)
    at r (kendo.all.js:136510)
    at kendo.all.js:136498
    at XMLHttpRequest.n.onload (kendo.all.js:135962)
(anonymous) @ kendo.all.js:12691
drawingsXML @ kendo.all.js:12685
toZIP @ kendo.all.js:13063
toBlob @ kendo.all.js:13159
r @ kendo.all.js:136510
(anonymous) @ kendo.all.js:136498
n.onload @ kendo.all.js:135962
kendo.all.js:12691 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'target' of undefined
    at kendo.all.js:12691
    at Array.map (<anonymous>)
    at init.drawingsXML (kendo.all.js:12685)
    at o.toZIP (kendo.all.js:13063)
    at o.toBlob (kendo.all.js:13159)
    at r (kendo.all.js:136510)
    at kendo.all.js:136498
    at XMLHttpRequest.n.onload (kendo.all.js:135962)
(anonymous) @ kendo.all.js:12691
drawingsXML @ kendo.all.js:12685
toZIP @ kendo.all.js:13063
toBlob @ kendo.all.js:13159
r @ kendo.all.js:136510
(anonymous) @ kendo.all.js:136498
n.onload @ kendo.all.js:135962

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
answered on 08 Aug 2019, 07:34 AM
Hi Brian,

In the browser's developer tools you could navigate to the line of code in the kendo.all.js file that results in the error observed. That might help you identify the reason behind the issue observed. 

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to prepare and send me a small isolated runnable sample, replicating the error in question. This way I will be able to troubleshoot the problem locally ad to provide you with the most appropriate assistance on that case.

Regards,
Veselin Tsvetanov
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
ikram
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jan 2020, 07:41 AM
Hi Veselin Tsvetanov,

i am facing the same issue with my excel sheets import and export if it contains images

It's not even Exporting using the demo link and issues occurs in drawingsXML

I also tried to use https://www.telerik.com/document-processing-libraries/spread-processing but still no luck, if you can provide me an example of Exporting ASP.NET core spreadhseet using https://www.telerik.com/document-processing-libraries/spread-processing than that would be really helpful 

I have attached the Files, kindly check 

https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-core/spreadsheet/index

Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jan 2020, 01:01 PM

Hello Ikram,

May I ask you to send us the xlsx file causing the issue observed on the .Net Core Spreadsheet Basic usage demo? This way I will be able to troubleshoot the exact scenario in question.

As per using the SpreadProcessing library to import/export XLSX files to/from Kendo Spreadsheet, that is currently not supported. The bridge library (Telerik.Web.Spreadsheet) which ports the Kendo Spreadsheet Workbooks to Telerik DocumentProcessing is not available yet.

Nevertheless, If you need server import/export, I would suggest you follow the approach discussed in the following forum thread:

https://www.telerik.com/forums/loading-an-excel-file-from-the-server-and-saving-it-to-the-server#AjyuFrDy9EicJRx-hIKxMg

Regards,
Veselin Tsvetanov
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core with the dedicated Virtual Classroom technical training, available to all active customers.
NoobMaster
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
answered on 08 Feb 2020, 08:05 PM

Hi Veselin Tsvetanov

Now  SpreadProcessing Library is available in .Net Core 3 and Telerik UI Core 2020 R1.

how can i load a binary excel file in database into the SpreadSheet widget ?

Regards

Ahmed

Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
answered on 12 Feb 2020, 12:54 PM

Hello Ahmed,

Here is another forum thread which explains in detail how to load an XLSX file available on the server in the Spreadsheet and how to save it back:

https://www.telerik.com/forums/loading-an-excel-file-from-the-server-and-saving-it-to-the-server

Note that the above could not use the Telerik SpreadProcessing library as there is no .Net Core implementation yet for the bridge between Kendo Spreadsheet and SpreadProcessing (the Telerik.Web.Spreadsheet library).

Also, if you have any other questions like the above, which are not directly related to the initial topic of the current tread ("Error when exporting to excel"), I would like to ask you to open a separate thread for each of them. This way we will be able to keep each thread focused and to provide you with the most appropriate assistance on each case.

Regards,
Veselin Tsvetanov
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core with the dedicated Virtual Classroom technical training, available to all active customers.
Tags
Spreadsheet
Asked by
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
ikram
Top achievements
Rank 1