This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

error message

3 Answers 77 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Roger
Top achievements
Rank 1
Roger asked on 17 Sep 2008, 06:29 PM
I have placed a RadTreeView control in a web application that I created. I am trying to test the control for the first time, and I am receiving an error page when the control attempts to render. The error is:$0$0$0$0Method not found: 'BooleanSystem.Web.UI.ScriptManager.get_LoadScriptsBeforeUI()'.$0$0$0$0$0$0I have searched (Google) for the method "get_LoadScriptsBeforeUI()", and I have not found anything. The closest thing I found was the "LoadScriptsBeforeUI" property, which is described in MSDN.$0$0$0$0$0Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can debug/fix this?$0$0$0$0$0Thanks$0$0$0$0$0Also...I am getting mysterious "There is an error in XML document (1, 145)" messages when I attempt to use the LoadXml function of the RadTreeView. The XML I am attempting to load is valid and can be viewed in an XML viewer. If I put in a very simple XML string like:$0$0$0$0$0"<Tree><Node AccessKey='0' Value='0' Text='VectorCSP WPM'></Node></Tree>" $0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0it seems to work. But a larger one, with many, many more nodes, does not. I can't seem to pin point the problem here, either.$0$0$0$0$0Any help would really be appreciated.$0$0Thank you.$0$0$0$0

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 19 Sep 2008, 06:48 AM
Hi Roger,

Please make sure you are using the current official release of ASP.NET Ajax. I suspect you are using an older version hence the version problem.

Regards,
Albert
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Roger
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Sep 2008, 04:00 PM
I am using Visual Studio 2005. I downloaded the most recent version of the .NET Framework (3.5) but, as far as I can tell, I can only use .NET Framework 2.0 with Visual Studio 2005. I can't see any way to point VS 2005 to the more recent framework.

So, this may require me to upgrade to VS 2008?

I will try to just update the AJAX business, and see if that will get it working...

I foresee an upgrade in my future.

ugh.

Thanks.
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Sep 2008, 07:41 AM
Hello Roger,

You only need to update the ASP.NET Ajax. You can download it from here.

Regards,
Albert
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
TreeView
Asked by
Roger
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
Roger
Top achievements
Rank 1