This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error in httpErrorPageScripts.js with 2012.08.28 hotfix

9 Answers 83 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Paul asked on 01 Sep 2012, 03:24 PM
I installed the August 28 hotfix for 2012Q2 to see if a reported display problem with the Menu control using a 2-column submenu had been fixed. When I installed that update, I now see an error instead of a display problem when a submenu is set to 2-column display.

The error occurs in httpErrorPageScripts.js, in function initConnectionStatus(), on the line:
    checkConnection.innerText = L_CONNECTION_ON_TEXT;
The constant L_CONNECTION_ON_TEXT is undefined. The same error occurs for other L_ constants.

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 05 Sep 2012, 07:45 AM
Hi Paul,

The scripts you have pointed out are not related to the Ajax controls and are not emitted from the Telerik dll. Could you please check whether the error still reproduces with the official release?

Kind regards,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Sep 2012, 10:06 AM
I don't know how that script is generated, but the error only occurred when I installed the Telerik 08.28 hotfix. When I reverted to the 07.24 release I do not get the error. So it might not be Telerik's script, but the error appears to be triggered by Telerik's 08.28 release.
UPDATE: I see the same issue with the 09.04 hotfix release too.
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 10 Sep 2012, 12:26 PM
Hello Paul,

Thank you for pointing this out. It seems that the problem is related to a fix we did on the RadComboBox. We have resolved the problem and the  upcoming service pack will utilize the fix. Could you please give it a try with the service pack release that is scheduled for the mid of this week.

If the problem still persists, please open a support ticket and provide more details regarding your scenario so that we have an easier time troubleshooting the problem.

Regards,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Sep 2012, 05:46 PM
The problem is still occuring with the 2012.08.12 release. I already have an existing support ticket with a simplified example demonstrating the problem: http://www.telerik.com/account/support-tickets/view-ticket.aspx?threadid=557550

The solution in that ticket can be used to see the problem. Unfortunately, I have not been able to identify an exact sequence of user steps to create the issue, but hovering and/or clicking on various menu items has created the problem within a minute or two every time I try.

Also, the initial problem described in that ticket, "Level 2 submenu sometimes fails to display" is still not fixed in the latest release.
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 17 Sep 2012, 03:44 PM
Hello,

Thank you for the sample, we will take a look at it. The issue seems to be caused by error page that is served to the underlying page as a result of a web-service/ajax request. The problem is that the error page is failing to request its script, hence the error. We will research on that a bit more in order to find how it is related to the combo box.

Kind regards,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team
AFTR
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Oct 2012, 10:40 PM
I am still getting this error and I am using 2012.2.912.40.
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Oct 2012, 09:02 AM
Hello,

Unfortunately we never managed to reproduce the problem on our side. Could you please elaborate a bit more on your scenario? If you have a sample project that reproduces the problem please fire us a support ticket and make sure that it is attached there. This will allow us to troubleshoot the problem better.

All the best,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team
chani diakidis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Nov 2012, 12:50 PM
how come you were not managed to reproduce the problem while acknolowging its caused by one of your fixes?.
any update of a fix.
regards
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 14 Nov 2012, 08:58 AM
Hi Paul,

I am happy to announce that the problem is resolved in the Q3 version. It was caused by an iframe with src of javascript:void(0), which we used to workaround some overlay issues. The thing is that in IE such iframe would render hidden error page that references the scripts you mentioned. On our side this never threw any errors, however, it seems that in different environments that was problematic.

Fortunately, the problem is fixed by now and I suggest that you give a try to the Q3 release. The dll version is 2012.3.1016

Regards,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1