This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error Creating VB RadControls WPF Application (Telerik.VSX.Xaml.2013.1.215.0.dll not found)

3 Answers 123 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jason asked on 06 Mar 2013, 04:39 PM

Error Creating VB RadControls WPF Application (Telerik.VSX.Xaml.2013.1.215.0.dll not found)

I just installed WPF controls package for Visual Studio.  I am having an issue creating a VB RadControls WPF Application.  I am selecting the VB RadControls WPF Application options and in the configuration wizard I am selecting Use Implicit Styles and for components I am only selecting Telerik.Windows.Controls.  After selecting a theme it pops up this error during the install.

An error occurred while running the wizard.

Error executing custom action Telerik.VSX.TextTemplating.Actions.UnfoldFilesAction: Compiling transformation: Metadata file 'Telerik.VSX.Xaml.2013.1.215.0.dll' could not be found

I have tried updating the WPF VSExtensions from the extensions manager as well as just uninstalling and reinstalling them. 

I can create a RadControls Windows Forms Application just fine.  It’s just the WPF applications that are the issue. 

Any thoughts on how to fix this issue would be appreciated.

I am running:

Win 7 Pro 64bit

vs2012

I also have these other Telerik Applications installed:

Windows Forms

Reporting

JustCode

JustTrace

JustDecompile

Thanks

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jonghyun
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Mar 2013, 02:05 AM
I also have the same problem. (in C#, VB)

An error occured while running the wizard.

Error executing custom action Telerik.VSX.TextTemplating.Actions.UnfoldFilesAction: Compiling transformation: Metadata file 'Telerik.VSX.Xaml.2013.1.215.0.dll' could not be found
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Mar 2013, 01:13 PM
I put in a support ticket for this and this is what they sent to me:

I would recommend to perform the following steps in order to ensure that extension is re-installed:
  1. Find the extension folder in %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\Extensions or [ProgramFiles]\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions (you can search for Telerik.Windows.WPF.VSPackage.2013.1.215.0.dll)
  2. Uninstall the WPF extension through the Extension Manager
  3. Restart Visual Studio
  4. Close Visual Studio
  5. Check if the extension content was deleted from the folders found in step 1. and delete any files left
  6. Start Visual Studio
  7. Download and install the latest VSIX from here: http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/15490f41-ce78-4d57-b95b-70445da125ee

After doing this it worked.  Give it a try hopefully you will get the same results.

Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
answered on 14 Mar 2013, 06:24 AM
Hi,

This could happen if something went wrong with the installation of the VSExtensions. 

The steps given from Jason will ensure that the old extensions are deleted and this installing them again will ensure the proper deployment.

The download and install of the new extensions (step 7) could also be done through the Visual Studio Extension Manager (in Visual Studio go to Tools -> Extensions and Updates -> Online and search for Telerik WPF VSExtensions).

All the best,
Biliana Ficheva
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jonghyun
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jason
Top achievements