This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error creating report instance

5 Answers 878 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Lyca
Top achievements
Rank 1
Lyca asked on 03 Jun 2014, 06:21 AM
I downloaded source code for Telerik RESTful Reporting Service and Consuming Telerik Rest Service update my Nuget Packages to enable CORS and still I have this Error Creating report instance. Do you know what might be the cause of this? Thanks

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2014, 07:25 AM
Hi Lyca,

Please use Fiddler to check the requests during running the application in Browser. Then you can see the actual Response from the server and the reason for the error. You can also use the browser's console to check which request fails.

In order to provide you more accurate suggestions, please share the exception stack trace written in Fiddler.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

विवेक
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Nov 2014, 08:32 AM
Hey i am getting the same error. Here is my stack trace 

{"message":"","exceptionMessage":"Missing or invalid parameter value. Please input valid data for all parameters.","exceptionType":"Telerik.Reporting.Services.Engine.InvalidParameterException","stackTrace":"   at Telerik.Reporting.Services.Engine.Client.CreateReportInstance(String report, Dictionary`2 parameterValues)\r\n   at Telerik.Reporting.Services.Engine.ReportEngine.<>c__DisplayClass8.<CreateReportInstance>b__7(Client client)\r\n   at Telerik.Reporting.Services.Engine.ReportEngine.WithClient[T](String clientID, Func`2 func)\r\n   at Telerik.Reporting.Services.Engine.ReportEngine.CreateReportInstance(String clientID, String report, Dictionary`2 parameterValues)\r\n   at Telerik.Reporting.Services.WebApi.ReportsControllerBase.CreateInstance(String clientID, ClientReportSource reportSource)\r\n   at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext()"}

Stef
Telerik team
answered on 19 Nov 2014, 01:34 PM
Hi,

Please double-check if the Reporting REST service is running and responds on typing its address in browser - How To: Add Telerik Reporting REST Web API to Web Application.
Then check if all report parameters are visible, or have default value or such passed from the viewer.

Parameters' names are case sensitive, and it is important to have a reference to Newtonsoft.Json.dll in the project, where the assembly must not be installed in the machine's GAC. The minimum system requirements are listed in the Reporting REST service System Requirements.

Check also the settings suggested in the HTML5 Report Viewer - Export options are missing forum thread.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Saad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jun 2015, 12:48 PM

Hi,

I am also having a same issue with same stack trace. service is working fine.

my problem is it works fine for some reports and throws above error for other reports

Product Sales.trdx (from telerik reporting sample) - working 

Product Catalog.trdx (from telerik reporting sample) - not working 

I am passing parameters as 

reportSource: {
                    report: "Product Catalog.trdx",                   
                    parameters: { CultureID: "en" }
                },

is this correct? please help.

Stef
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jun 2015, 01:48 PM
Hello Saad,

Please test updating Newtosoft.Json.dll through Nuget packages manager to the latest available version. Verify there are added proper binding redirects in th web.config and test running the application.

Check also if the routes of the Reporting RESTservice do not duplicate with other routes. For the purpose register them first in the Global.asax or customize them - How to change the registered by default Telerik Reporting REST Web API routes.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Lyca
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
विवेक
Top achievements
Rank 1