When I place controls (RadDatePicker and RadSlider so far) on pages that are not in the root folder of my applocation (i.e., in a subfolder) I experience the following behavior (in design view):
- I can select a skin in the SmartTag
- The control does not take on the appearance of the skin in VS
- The control does use the skin at runtime
- If I close the aspx file, and re-open it, there is a message box instead of the control stating "Error Creating Control - [ControlName] '[SkinName] could not be set on property skin'.
- The control still renders correctly at runtime
- I notice that in the property panel of the control, that there is not a drop list of skins - just an entry box
These controls render correctly in designer so long as I do not change the skin in the SmartTag.
On pages at the root, the list of skins is in both the SmartTag and property panel, and the controls with non-default skins render in both designer and runtime. Any ideas?