This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error #2038

3 Answers 88 Views
AsyncUpload
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bob asked on 02 Feb 2011, 05:28 AM
I am using the RadAsync upload which is working for most users however I have 2 users (out of 5) that is getting an error Error #2038.
I am running the 2010.1109 version of the control and will be updating to the SP2 version tomorrow.

What does this error mean?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2011, 02:17 PM
Hi Jed Horovitz,

This is a generic error thrown by the Flash module should something went wrong while the file was being uploaded. For example, it might happen when the user is trying to upload a file, whose size is larger than the maximum allowed by web.config. Could you please verify that this is not the case? The default size allowed by ASP.NET is 4mb. I suggest that you take a look at following help article for more information on the topic.

Best wishes,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
vaibhav
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 May 2011, 01:51 PM
Hello,

we are facing same issue.. can you help us ??

1)
Error: uncaught exception: Error while uploading, Error #2038 and also #302 No error.

Thanks
Vaibhav Kothia

Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 11 May 2011, 12:33 PM
Hello Vaibhav Kothia,

Please specify whether the error pops up under IIS or Cassini. Also, please make sure that you have the Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd handler registered in the web.config. The easiest way to register the handler is to use the RadAsyncUpload smart tag -> register Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd. Does the issue persist? Also, what is the size of the file that fails to upload?

All the best,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Tags
AsyncUpload
Asked by
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
vaibhav
Top achievements
Rank 1