Editor FullScreenMode not displayed correctly in Bootstrap 3 Modal

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. İlter
    İlter avatar
    19 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2013

    Posted 14 Nov 2013 Link to this post

    Hi,

    I am having a strange issue that I haven't met before. I am using asp.net ajax tools for years now and loving the radEditor component. I took two screenshots to show the issue. You can see them in attached files.

    The thing is, I am using Bootstrap 3 for design of the site and using it's modal component to save and edit records. I have a radEditor inside the modals that have ToggleScreenMode button in the toolbar. When I click to toggle to FullScreen, editor are expands to screen size starting from the original top left corner and cannot be accessed because of the gray modal. I tried to set its position attributes thinking that it uses an absolute positioning but couldn't find a solution with that.

    The question is, how can I use radEditor fullscreen function when the editor is placed inside a modal container which has a position of absolute?

    Thanks...

    EDIT: Reattached 2nd screenshot. Ignore the first 2.jpg please.
  2. Ianko
    Admin
    Ianko avatar
    1956 posts

    Posted 19 Nov 2013 Link to this post

    Hello,

    I can verify that this bug is reproducible under Chrome only. Also there is no consistency through the browsers. We will investigate the issue and if it is a bug in our product I will log a corresponding bug report.

    Currently I can recommend using a modal RadWindow control, for the correct behavior.

    Regards,
    Ianko
    Telerik
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
  3. İlter
    İlter avatar
    19 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2013

    Posted 19 Nov 2013 Link to this post

    Hi,

    Thanks for the answer. In the mean time I received an answer to my other question and when I used that work around for this situation, it worked pretty well. I created an editor in a hidden div which is placed in the root of my masterpage (by a place holder just under the form tag) and copied the contents of that editor which coused me issues in it's current place, to the one in the root.

    I recommend anyone who has that problem to have a look at that question!

    Thanks again!
Back to Top