We are creating an application that allows users to enter and view news stories. In the news listing screen, we are using a radgrid to display the news stories. Each row shows the news headline and the first two lines of the body of the story. We would like to allow users to click on an icon beside a row to dynamically expand and contract the body of the new story so that the first two lines expands to the full story and then collapses back to the first two lines.
On the initial load of the news listing, we will not load the full body of each story, just the first two lines. So, the expand function will have to retrieve the body. We would prefer to use a Webservice call to retrieve the body of the story.
When the body of the content is expanded, we would like to show some minor animation effects to make the presentation of the story a little more interesting - e.g. have the panel expand downwards a little slower.
What is the best way to accomplish this? We have been using the RadXmlHttpPanel to call the Webservice to get the body of the story, but this control does not provide any effects in displaying the content.
So, in summary, we would like to do the following:
1. Show a list of news stories with the first two lines of the body displayed.
2. The user clicks a button (or "More..." link) to expand the body.
3. A Web Service is called to full body of the story.
4. Once retrieved, the body of the story slowly opens up
5. The user clicks a button (or "Less...") link to contract the body of the story