This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

DragandDrop in RadScheduler version 2011.1.519.35

26 Answers 140 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nidhi asked on 04 Nov 2012, 05:38 PM
Hi Team,
  I am using Telerik version 2011.1.519.35 in my ASP.net application. I am using RadScheduler in my code. Now i have to implement DragandDrop property to it. Is it feasible in this version or do i need to upgrade the dll of my code? What control/event can i used to attain the same?

Thanks

26 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 07 Nov 2012, 03:09 PM
Hi Nidhi,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support.

In the version that you mentioned Drag and drop functionality should be already working in RadScheduler and should be set by default as in our on-line demos.

As for the server event that may be used -it is AppointmentUpdate event.

You can also use the client events that are connected with the move of the appointments.

Hope this information will be helpful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Nov 2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks Plamen for the answer.
One more issue with the Control. I have RadSchedular with Resource view. So in header i have Resource name and below can book appointment against time for him. In the header cell along with the Resource name i have four image icon which shows the category of Resource. Now i have to add a new icon but there is no room in the cell for the new icon. So when i am adding the icon on display it is getting trimmed.  My radschedular is in Custom control page. even though i am setting Width property the width of the cell is not increasing.
What to do?????
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 08 Nov 2012, 10:56 AM
Hi Nidhi,

One way to achieve this is to use resource header templates as in the Customizing the Resource Header demo. 

If you just want to increase the width of the columns you can use the ColumnWidth property of RadScheduler.

Greetings,
Plamen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Nov 2012, 01:10 PM
Pamel sorry but both approach are not working. Actually for me the header is created dynamically in RadScheduler1_ResourceHeaderCreated event.It is having name and some Image Container dynamically build.
Can it be possible to set the width using e.Container... ... something.. ..
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 12 Nov 2012, 10:47 AM
Hi Nidhi,

The Width of the container can not be changed programmatically in the ResourceHeaderCreated event- it is set according to the ColumnWidth property of RadScheduler.
If you have further questions please elaborate a little bit the exact scenario and the desired appearance you are trying to achieve  so we could be more helpful.

Regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Nov 2012, 04:28 AM
Hi Palmer, Thanks for reply actually we have a custom column header in which use HTMLgenericcontrol and imagecontainer. I have added a breakline in htmlgenericontrol and i suppose it is working. Palmer i have concern http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/scheduler/examples/accessibility/defaultcs.aspx in this demo we have a slide functionality where we can expand the appointment by dragging the top and bottom border of appointment. I am not sure what this functionality is called. Is this functionality available in version 2011.1.519.35 Palmer i am new to this control and have to handle lot of analysis for this control in work. Thanks for all support u are providing me :)
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 13 Nov 2012, 06:26 AM
Hi,

You are able to resize the appointment by dragging its start from Q2 2012 version of RadScheduler. In the previous version only resizing by dragging the end of the appointment is implemented.

Regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Nov 2012, 08:22 PM

Thanks Plamen for the details. I have tried and it worked. I found some browser issue with refresh with version 2011.1.519.35. Not sure it is a bug or something else.

Scenario

1. IE 6 SP1 : when I refresh the control, it show the control columns in gray and white color based on bookable and non-bookable. which is fine.
  2. IE 7 : Is fine.
  3. IE 8 ( Verison 8.0.6001.18702  and 8.0.7601.17514 ) : But when IE8 the load of the control or when I refresh it (using a link in the same page as control) the color of gray column(non-bookable) change to white (bookable). Though the column are still non bookable. Which is very confusing.

Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance for your valuable support....

Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 22 Nov 2012, 12:51 PM
Hi Nidhi,

We are not aware of such known issue. Would you please refer to this on-line demo where is provided is implemented a scenario where time slots are being disabled and let us know if the described behavior can be reproduces there as well? If yes please share the steps for achieving it so we could test the issue locally.

Greetings,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 22 Nov 2012, 12:53 PM
Hello Nidhi,

Here is the link to the demo:
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/scheduler/examples/customizetimeslots/defaultcs.aspx

All the best,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Nov 2012, 06:20 PM

Plamen, I did not find the issue with the demo link you shared.

But in version 2011.1.519.35 with IE 8 (8.0.6001.18702  and 8.0.7601.17514 ), the issue is coming.

Not sure if this is anything to do with IE settings under IE8.
The below checkbox are unchecked (policy restrictions) in the IE which is giving issue.

Internet options

Advanced tab

Browsing

o   Checkbox 'enable third-party browser extension'

Java

o   Checkbox ‘Use Java 2 v1.4.2 for <applet> (requires restart)’

Do I need to enable these settings ?

Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Nov 2012, 06:30 PM
And the above IE settings are disabled by group policy.
Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Nov 2012, 09:59 PM
in the css file, the class is

.Disabled 

background: silver !important; 
    border-color: #E8EAEC !important;
    cursor: not-allowed; 

.Disabled.rsAptCreate 

background: silver !important; 
    border-color: #E8EAEC !important;
}

Do i need to modify this to serve the IE8 and do not show non-bookable area as bookable ?

Thanks
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 27 Nov 2012, 11:20 AM
Hello,

You don't have to change these styles for IE8 because they are supported as well as listed in this article.

Hope this will be helpful.

Kind regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Nov 2012, 02:57 PM
HI Palmer,
   Regarding IE 8 issue. Let me try to explain my issue. I have a RadScheduler in a Usercontrol. Now based on some criteria i am disabling the Time slot on event RadScheduler1_TimeSlotCreated by writing
                e.TimeSlot.CssClass = "Disabled";
Now this Css is working in control for the first time on page_load but later with different page event the CSS is not working. Is it somekind dependent on OS it is installed on. Or can we have some other method to apply css on Timeslot.

Also I have iehack for ie6:-

<!--[if lte IE 6]>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../master/iehacks.css" />
<![endif]-->

iehacks.css
==========
.TelerikModalOverlay
{
 Z-INDEX: 2500 !important; 
 FILTER: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(style=0,opacity=50) !important; 
 LEFT: 0px !important; 
 WIDTH: 1003px !important; 
 POSITION: absolute !important; 
 TOP: 0px !important; 
 HEIGHT: 738px !important; 
 BACKGROUND-COLOR: #aaaaaa !important; 
 opacity: .5 !important; 
 MozOpacity: .5 !important;
}

Is the CSS ok for IE8 ?

Thanks in advance for all assistance.
Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Dec 2012, 03:32 AM
Palmer is there any specific css for IE 8 that we can include in our project to stabilize the css issue?? please help as this issue has become a escalated one...
Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Dec 2012, 08:45 PM

I have checked the group policy for IE for the machines as below:- 

Browser mode     : IE8 compat view

Document mode : IE7 Standards
Also in compatibilty view settings both the checkbox are checked to display sites in compatibility view.

When Browser and document mode are changed using developer tools as below:-

Browser mode     : IE8

Document mode : IE8 Standards
The application worked fine in IE8.

But we cannot change the group policy due to multiple sites. So tried to change using tag for our application....
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE8" /> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />
It changed the document mode. But shrinked all the cells to start of the cell and header to left.

Please advice how we can fix this timeslot issue...Thanks

Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 04 Dec 2012, 11:40 AM
Hello,

The last described issue is a know issue in Compatibility mode IE and the css that fixes it is provided in the second section of this help topic.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Dec 2012, 09:45 PM
Hi Plamen, Thanks for the fix. I have tried in following fashion:-1.       I tried the hack from the link with our group policy setting (compatibility checkbox ‘on’ for intranet sites).I placed the hack in scheduler.css. But it did not retained the disabled cells style when the calendar is refreshed.

Browser mode     : IE8 compat view Document mode  : IE7 Standards
2.       Then tested with Document mode : IE8 Standards (changed this using IIS header configuration).This change lead to twist the cells to the left and also changed the length of other dropdown controls in the application.3.       Finally placed the css hack in Calendar.css and Schedular.css (kind of in all the css which calendar control is using).With settings as also no success.

Browser mode     : IE8 compat view Document mode  : IE8 Standards
The concern is that the group policy cannot be changed for our application as we have many other in intranet. Otherwise it would be already solved. As app work fine with compatibility mode off. while trying above hack the holizontal scroll is lost for the calendar too...

Just to mention, All the test are under below environment:-

OS Name : Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
IE8 (8.0.6001.18702)

OS Name : Microsoft Windows 7 Ent
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
IE8 (8.0.7601.17514)

Thanks
Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Dec 2012, 10:21 PM

Plamen, is there any shading css hack ...

which can make timeslot  = "Disabled" if time has passed. Actually with settings below:-

Browser mode     : IE8 compat view

The shading is the main issue, no twist to left is coming up.

Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 06 Dec 2012, 09:22 AM
Hello Nidhi,

I have inspected the issue in the same IE settings but the demo worked properly once again:
Browser mode     : IE8 compat view

Here is the video of my test. Please review it and let me know if I am not testing properly somehow or something else should be added to observe the unusual behavior.

Kind regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Dec 2012, 02:26 PM

Thanks Plamen, this is really :( that the code is not working at my end (intranet with app connected to web services). I hope you are using the same version 2011.1.519.35. I also appreciated your continuos response for my queries. I am also trying to solve it with as many options as i can, but still stuck with css. The application is working fine in IE8 (8.0.6001.18702)

But not in version IE8 (8.0.7601.17514) – win 7 and XP version. Also I tried the tests with deleting all browser cache,temp etc..

This is the usercontrol in which radschedular control is thr. When lnkRefreshStaffHours ic clicked or search is done from SearchContainer ,both user control is refreshed. And when it gets refreshed the schedular loses the disabled css for appointment cells.

Also we have a calendar in radschedular control to jump to future dates. When we select the date and jump the disabled css is gone to the new date.

Do this imply any issue ?

Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Dec 2012, 04:08 PM
Hi Plamen,

Finally the issue is resolved now. Took some time to figure out from all the pieces of the code and control involved.
Using developer tools I have found that all the css are loading with postback and without postback, but somehow the class in css (disabled) is not loaded with postback in IE8 (8.0.7601.17514) – win 7 and XP version. So I did a dynamic include of same css with different name for the user controls having rad schedular and respective usercontrol which refreshes the rad schedular. This solved the disabled issue with mentioned version of the IE8 and Operating system....But not able to figure out why it is not re-loaded at the first place. Tried some tests after the fix and the app worked fine.

Thanks Plamen for all your support and help.
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 11 Dec 2012, 07:29 AM
Hi Nidhi,

I am glad you solved the issue. The problem may have been caused by some of the CSS limitation of IE browser that are described in this blog post.

Hope this will be helpful.

Regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Ashar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Dec 2012, 02:41 PM
We are evaluating  radscheduler , to display 150 appointments for 10 resources for the current day. It takes us over five seconds to move an appointment from one resource the other. The view state for the page is 500KB, We are assessing the database to check if the resource is allowed to have a type of appointment, and that is being done in the onAppointmentUpdate method. Is there a way for us to improve the time it takes to move an appointment. 
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 14 Dec 2012, 07:43 AM
Hello Ashar,

You can consider using RadScheduler with WebService binding which is our best performance suggestion for all major browsers besides IE8 where using large requests is not quite well handle.

Regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Plamen
Telerik team
Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1