This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Drag & drop not working

3 Answers 101 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kavi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kavi asked on 12 Sep 2011, 02:13 PM
Hi telerik team,

The drag and drop property is not working when i drag and drop the nodes below one level.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 Sep 2011, 02:39 PM
Hello Kavi,

To allow drag and drop functionality in RadTreeView, set the EnableDragAndDrop property to True. Once enabled, dragging behavior by default allows Nodes to be dropped on other Nodes but not between Nodes. Setting EnableDragAndDropBetweenNodes to True allows Nodes to be dropped between other Nodes. For further information check the following help documentation.
Drag and Drop Overview

Thanks,
Princy.
Kavi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Sep 2011, 09:57 AM
Hi Princy,

All the events and properties are set as mentioned in the Drag and Drop Overview .

When i drag & drop a node upwards, its working fine.
But when i drag & drop a node downwards, the NodeDrop even is not getting fired, so the downward drag & drop is not happening.

Thanks,
Kavi
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 16 Sep 2011, 08:24 AM
Hello Kavi,

This is a quite strange behaviour.You can also take a look at the Drag and Drop between nodes help article. Here is also a working Demo, where all the aspects of this scenario are included.

Hope this will be helpful.

Greetings,
Plamen Zdravkov
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal
Tags
TreeView
Asked by
Kavi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
Kavi
Top achievements