This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

DNN

6 Answers 219 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michael asked on 20 Aug 2008, 05:58 PM
We are developing modules for DNN (4.8.4).  Some of our modules include a RadEditor.  The RadEditor works great - except none of the dialogs will appear.  Instead we get the following error:

Web.config registration missing!
 The Telerik dialogs require a HttpHandler registration in the web.config file. Please, use the control's Smart Tag to add the handler automatically, or see the help for more information: Controls > Editor > Dialogs

This appears within a popup.  I have searched through your forums and found many people having the same issue.  I have made sure that our web.config matches the example you provided here:

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bdtcgd.aspx

We need a resolution ASAP as we have clients that are unable use this control the way they need.  Please advise!

By the way, we have the DNN RadEditor Provider installed and that works perfectly.  It is only when including the RadEditor in the modules that we see this issue.  We are using 2008 Q2 release of your controls.  We are using IIS 6.

My related web.config entries are as follows:

From system.web:

<httpModules> 
            <!-- add name="Authentication" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.AuthenticationModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules.Authentication" / --> 
            <add name="Compression" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.Compression.CompressionModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" /> 
            <add name="RequestFilter" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.RequestFilter.RequestFilterModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" /> 
            <add name="UrlRewrite" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.UrlRewriteModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" /> 
            <add name="Exception" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.Exceptions.ExceptionModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" /> 
            <add name="UsersOnline" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.UsersOnline.UsersOnlineModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" /> 
            <add name="DNNMembership" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.Membership.MembershipModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" /> 
            <add name="Personalization" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.Personalization.PersonalizationModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" /> 
            <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" /> 
      <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI" /> 
    </httpModules> 
        <httpHandlers> 
            <!-- This is for CAPTCHA support --> 
            <add verb="*" path="*.captcha.aspx" type="DotNetNuke.UI.WebControls.CaptchaHandler, DotNetNuke" /> 
            <!-- This is for Serving files, secure, insecure, from database --> 
            <add verb="*" path="LinkClick.aspx" type="DotNetNuke.Services.FileSystem.FileServerHandler, DotNetNuke"/> 
            <!-- This adds syndication support --> 
            <add verb="*" path="RSS.aspx" type="DotNetNuke.Services.Syndication.RssHandler, DotNetNuke"/> 
            <!-- This adds legacy support for the Logoff page --> 
            <add verb="*" path="Logoff.aspx" type="DotNetNuke.Services.Authentication.LogOffHandler, DotNetNuke" /> 
            <!-- ASP.NET AJAX support --> 
            <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/> 
            <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/> 
            <add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/> 
            <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false"/> 
      <add verb="*" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.Upload.RadUploadProgressHandler, Telerik.Web.UI" /> 
      <add verb="*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"></add> 
      <add verb="*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"></add> 
      <add verb="*" path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false" /> 
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI" validate="false" /> 
    </httpHandlers> 

Thanks!

Michael

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Aug 2008, 12:12 PM
Telerik,

Please respond.

Regards,

Michael
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 22 Aug 2008, 03:37 PM
Hi Michael,

Please, see the following KB article on the subject: Using the RadEditor for ASP.NET AJAX dialogs in custom DNN solutions.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Aug 2008, 04:01 PM
Rumen,

Thanks for the reply!  I read this article and made the modifications within our skin file.  The problem did not go away.

The code it mentioned to add references a file in location "~/Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx", but when I look in the root of our site, there is no file there by that name.  The only file in our entire site structure that matches that name is in the following path "\DesktopModules\TelerikWebUI\RadEditorProvider".

Which direction should I take:

1) Use the provider location to point to the aspx mentioned in the article
2) Add this aspx to another location in our site and reference it from there

Thanks!

Michael
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Aug 2008, 04:06 PM
I tried option 1 and it still did not work.

Here's my skin file contents for this control:

<telerik:RadEditor 
    runat="server"  
    Width="100%"  
    Height="350px" 
    ToolsFile="~/Config/Telerik/RadEditor/AdminModuleToolsFile.xml"  
    DialogHandlerUrl="~/DesktopModules/TelerikWebUI/RadEditorProviderTelerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" 
    ToolbarMode="Default" 
    ToolsWidth="100%" 
    Skin="Gray" 
    MaxImageSize="100204800" 
    MaxDocumentSize="100204800" 
    MaxFlashSize="100204800" 
    MaxTemplateSize="100204800" 
    MaxMediaSize="100204800" 
    DocumentsFilters="*.pdf,*.doc,*.txt,*.docx,*.xls,*.xlsx,*.pdf" 
    ImagesFilters="*.gif,*.jpg,*.xbm,*.xpm,*.png,*.ief,*.jpg,*.jpe,*.jpeg,*.tiff,*.tif,*.rgb,*.g3f,*.xwd,*.pict,*.ppm,*.pgm,*.pbm,*.pnm,*.bmp,*.ras,*.pcd,*.cgm,*.mil,*.cal,*.fif,*.dsf,*.cmx,*.wi,*.dwg,*.dxf,*.svf" 
    MediaFilters="*.wma,*.wmv,*.avi,*.wav,*.mpeg,*.mpg,*.asx,*.mpe,*.mp3,*.m3u,*.mid,*.midi,*.snd,*.mkv" 
    FlashFilters="*.swf"     
    SkinId="TelerikRadEditor"
</telerik:RadEditor> 

I know the skin file works correctly as all of the other settings are working great across all non-provider instances of the RadEditor within our DNN site.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Michael
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 22 Aug 2008, 09:26 PM
Have u tried instead of draggin a radEditor in your module using the dnn editor instead? Which will load the radEditor if the radEditor is set as default editor provider in the web.config. I have used the radEditor that way in a custom DNN 4.8.4 module. Maybe that could help you out for now.

athloon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Dec 2008, 08:34 AM
I tried the solution and its working properly, check out the code:

i am using Web20.Skin:
add the code below in the skin file

<telerik:RadEditor runat="server" Skin="Web20"
     ToolsFile="../Includes/EditorTools.xml" DialogHandlerUrl="~/Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx"
    StripFormattingOnPaste="MSWordNoFonts" EnableResize="False"
    Height="500px" />

Add this line of code in the <http handlers > section in web.config

<add verb="*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"></add>

Tags
Editor
Asked by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rumen
Telerik team