This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

desktop alert

12 Answers 176 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Zbigniew Kozłowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
Zbigniew Kozłowski asked on 07 Sep 2010, 01:53 PM
Hi,
id like to ask if you are planning to create desktop alert (like you got for winforms) for WPF? currently im using desktopalert from winforms in WPF, but id like to remove all winforms controls from mine project.

12 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 07 Sep 2010, 01:57 PM
Hi Zbigniew Kozłowski,

Have you checked our RadWindow for WPF?

Kind regards,
Veselin Vasilev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Zbigniew Kozłowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Sep 2010, 02:17 PM
yes id did, but its not what im looking for, RadDesktopAlert from WinForms is exactly what i need ;)
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 09 Sep 2010, 02:10 PM
Hello Zbigniew,

Thank you for your reply.

The Alert, Prompt and Confirm windows are the closest controls available. Could you please give us some more details about your case. In that way we will be able to provide you with the best solution for your scenario.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best wishes,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Zbigniew Kozłowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Sep 2010, 02:35 PM
Hi,
i've got an email/fax/sms application, so i got a seperate thread that checks if there are new messages, if yes than show 1 raddesktop for each type, the look and behavior from radDesktopAlert is exactly what i need, so fade in than after few secs if user didnt close it, fade out. But i need that this window to look like radDesktopAlert, also its nice when i got 3x radDesktopAlert in same time they show one top on another so i can see all 3 if needed.

http://profitokna.pl/scr.jpg  here you can see how it looks now

Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 13 Sep 2010, 02:50 PM
Hello Zbigniew,

This is not supported out-of-the-box. So you will have to implement this behaviour. You can use Dispatchers, to fade out the RadWindow when the user doesn't click it. To arrange the RadWindows you could use its Left-, Right-, Top-, Bottom-Offset properties as illustrated in this online demo. You can check out also this online example for configuring the position of the Window.

Hope this information helps. If you have any other questions about our controls please let us know.

Regards,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Zbigniew Kozłowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Sep 2010, 10:07 AM
its to much of work ;) thats why i buy controls so i dont have to spend time on such things. But would be nice if u could make an example :) Also i dont have blend Expression Blend to create such look of window.
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 15 Sep 2010, 02:25 PM
Hi Zbigniew Kozłowski,

We do not provide full custom implementations based on customer requirements. Please use the provided guidelines to achieve the desired behavior and let us know if you stumble upon anything and have specific questions.

Sincerely yours,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Myth
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Dec 2010, 11:54 AM
I agree that a desktopalert control would be a nice addition to your WPF controls. Coming from telerik winforms i was searching for it too. Sad to find it doesn't (yet? :) ) exist.

I'll see if I can cook up something.
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 06 Dec 2010, 11:02 AM
Hi Myth,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have created a PITS item for the new control request. You can view it here. You can vote for it, track its status and see when it is going to be implemented.

Please let us know if you have further concerns about our controls.

Regards,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Browse the videos here>> to help you get started with RadControls for WPF
Jai
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Apr 2017, 05:20 PM
Hi,
I need your quick suggestion on the below requirement for our reputed Client (Transportation domain).
We are using the RaddesktopAlert and have an immediate requirement to
have some buttons  on RaddesktopAlert to perform some functionalities. I
came across that RaddesktopAlert for Winforms supports this but don't
have any idea how to achieve the same on RaddesktopAlert for WPF.
Any help on this one will be grateful :)
Jai
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Apr 2017, 05:22 PM
Hi,
I need your quick suggestion on the below requirement for our reputed Client (Transportation domain).
We are using the RaddesktopAlert and have an immediate requirement to
have some buttons  on RaddesktopAlert to perform some functionalities. I
came across that RaddesktopAlert for Winforms supports this but don't
have any idea how to achieve the same on RaddesktopAlert for WPF.
Any help on this one will be grateful :)
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 13 Apr 2017, 07:41 AM
Hi,

Please, check the following forum thread that provides detailed information how to achieve the desired functionality - a sample project is also provided:
http://www.telerik.com/forums/wpf-raddesktopalert-with-buttons

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik by Progress
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Zbigniew Kozłowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
Zbigniew Kozłowski
Top achievements
Rank 1