This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Deployment issues

1 Answer 63 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Amanda
Top achievements
Rank 1
Amanda asked on 17 Sep 2008, 04:08 PM
Hello,

I have a question regarding building an application with the Telerik controls.  I've been using the copy web wizard within VS2008 to copy my application to a server for testing, and that works fine; it automatically includes the Telerik.Web.UI.dll with no problems.

However, my company's processes dictacte that the final build for deployment to our production servers must be done by a Change Management team on separate, dedicated build servers.  I've created a web setup project in VS2008, but it won't run on the build server since I haven't installed the full version of the Telerik controls on that machine.  How would you recommend installing the controls to that server?  I'd prefer not to do the full install since this machine is not used for anything but builds.  I thought about just running the "DLL and Scripts Only" option but I am not sure that would get everything.  What would you suggest?

Thanks-- Amanda

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kevin Babcock
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Sep 2008, 02:02 PM
Hello Amanda,

The only thing you need in order to build a project containing Telerik controls is to add the assembly (Telerik.Web.UI.dll) to your bin folder and a Register directive at the top of each page which uses a RadControl (or alternatively, an entry in the web.config in the <controls> section). All resources (scripts, images, etc) are embedded into the assembly, so there are no other installation steps needed in order to get a project to build Telerik controls.

I hope that helped. Please let us know if you continue to have issues.

Sincerely,
Kevin Babcock
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Amanda
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kevin Babcock
Top achievements
Rank 1