I am trying to make an application that on the delete button will first insert that selected row into a new table and after it was inserted, then delete it from the previous table.
I am having difficulties, any suggestions?
1 Answer, 1 is accepted
answered on 05 Aug 2010, 09:51 AM
Here are the steps for implementing your scenario:
1. You need a GridButtonColumn for the first grid.
2. In the mark-up for that, set the CommandName property to "Delete".
3. Attach a server-side event handler to the first grid's DeleteCommand event.
4. In the server-side handler, delete the row from the underlying data-source of the first grid (most probably you are using a database, so you have to delete it from there).
5. Insert the row into the data source of the second grid.
6. Rebind only the second grid: RadGrid2.Rebind().
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items