This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

DatePicker in 2012.1.411.35 version

3 Answers 101 Views
Input
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gary
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gary asked on 30 May 2012, 04:58 PM
Hello,
i have a problem that i dont know how to solve.
I have some date picker isndie TemplateFilter of a grid that worked perfectly in previous version of telerik 2012.1.215.35 and just replacing the DLLs to the new version (2012.1.411.35) the width of the telerik control is not working anymore. I simply can't change the width of the radDatePicker controls nomatter what i do. I switched back to older version (2012.1.215.35) and the width worked perfectly again.

AGAIN: I specify that by simply copying the old DLLs of telerik over the new ones in my project sovled the WIDTH problem. Is there anything i should know about the new version that breaks my design ?
Also, i'm using IE 9.0.8112.16421, but inside the project i use this to force IE8 rendering:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />

However, the width problem with the new version is also on Firefox and not only in IE

The code is preaty simple:
<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="DateIn" HeaderStyle-Width="145px" DataType="System.DateTime" DataFormatString="{0:MMM/dd/yyyy}" HeaderText="Date In" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left">
    <FilterTemplate>
        <div style="width:35px;float:left; padding-top:2px;">From:</div>
        <div style="float:left; padding-bottom:1px;"><telerik:RadDatePicker ID="FromDateInPicker" runat="server" Width="90px" ClientEvents-OnDateSelected="FromDateSelected" DbSelectedDate='<%# startDateIn %>'><DateInput Font-Size="11px" /><Calendar><SpecialDays><telerik:RadCalendarDay Repeatable="Today" ItemStyle-CssClass="rcToday" /></SpecialDays></Calendar></telerik:RadDatePicker></div>
        <div style="width:35px; clear: both; float:left; padding-top:2px;">To:</div>
        <div style="float:left;"><telerik:RadDatePicker ID="ToDateInPicker" runat="server" Width="90px" ClientEvents-OnDateSelected="ToDateSelected" DbSelectedDate='<%# endDateIn %>'><DateInput Font-Size="11px" /><Calendar><SpecialDays><telerik:RadCalendarDay Repeatable="Today" ItemStyle-CssClass="rcToday" /></SpecialDays></Calendar></telerik:RadDatePicker></div>
    </FilterTemplate>
</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vasil
Telerik team
answered on 31 May 2012, 08:07 AM
Hello George,

Do you have RadFormDecorator in your page? It may override the widths in your form. If so try to disable it to see if the problem will be resolved, and then change it's settings in order to not decorate your inputs.

Greetings,
Vasil
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Gary
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 May 2012, 03:06 PM
Hello Vasil,
and thank you for your answer.
Yes, i have a radFormDecorator in my project and Yes, disabling it will make the radDatePicker display correctly, but the decorator control is placed inside the Master page and i need it for the entire project (which is a very big one) and i can't afford to disable all the Textboxes just to have the DatePicker dispalying correctly.
As i looked into RadFormDecorator there is no way to set specific control ID to be skipped from decoration.
Again, the solution to disable all the textboxes in my page from decoration is not valid.

I could use another solution that will not mess my entire project up, considerring the version 2012.1.215.35  was working perfectly and the new one is not.

Thank you
Vasil
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jun 2012, 10:43 AM
Hello George,

I tested this code:
<telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="RadFormDecorator1" runat="server" DecoratedControls="All" />
<div style="width: 35px; float: left; padding-top: 2px;">
<div style="float: left; padding-bottom: 1px;">
    <telerik:RadDatePicker ID="FromDateInPicker" runat="server" Width="90px">
        <DateInput Font-Size="11px" /><Calendar>
            <SpecialDays>
                <telerik:RadCalendarDay Repeatable="Today" ItemStyle-CssClass="rcToday" />
            </SpecialDays>
        </Calendar>
    </telerik:RadDatePicker>
</div>
<div style="width: 35px; clear: both; float: left; padding-top: 2px;">
    To:</div>
<div style="float: left;">
    <telerik:RadDatePicker ID="RadDatePicker1" runat="server" Width="90px">
        <DateInput Font-Size="11px" /><Calendar>
            <SpecialDays>
                <telerik:RadCalendarDay Repeatable="Today" ItemStyle-CssClass="rcToday" />
            </SpecialDays>
        </Calendar>
    </telerik:RadDatePicker>
</div>
With the service pack of Q1 and it works correctly in IE9 compatibility view with mode IE8. Do you have any custom styles on your page?

Could you also test your project with the Q2 2012 Beta, to inform us if you still have the same issue?

Regards,
Vasil
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Input
Asked by
Gary
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vasil
Telerik team
Gary
Top achievements
Rank 1