This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Customizing ImageManager

1 Answer 38 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Thiyagalingam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Thiyagalingam asked on 11 Dec 2008, 06:24 AM
Hello,
Does ImageManager provides advanced security like group level access?
I couldnt find a way to handle this there fore I am planning to customize the image manager so that the images will be saved in a different way with security
For example when wiki article is edited, I want to have seperate folder created (in SPList may be with name=GUID) and upload the  images/media files into it and provide the relevant group level access to the media.
Can anyone help me on this, if you have any kind of previous experince like this?

Regards,
Prashanth

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 12 Dec 2008, 12:44 PM
Hello Thiyagalingam,

In our online help you can find information about ImageManatger's paths http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/image_manager.html . You can use properties such as ImagesPaths, UploadImagesPaths, DeleteImagesPaths to configure which libraries ImageManager will use.

Also you should know that ImageManager respects the currently logged in user credentials. So if a user has rights to reed and write in a certain folder, he will be able to view and upload images by using the ImageManager.

Greetings,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Thiyagalingam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stanimir
Telerik team
Share this question
or