This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Custom Styles not working for Telerik.Web.UI version 2011_1_519

8 Answers 104 Views
Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mohammed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mohammed asked on 19 Jun 2012, 08:26 AM
Hi,

I am working on customizing the Telerik styles by registering a new skin completely as per the steps given in the Telerik skin registration tutorial. I have updated the style sheets and copied the Telerik folder from the Skin folder to my projects folder and updated the web config files app settings section to make my custom style work.

The issue is : When I updated the CSS of Telerik.Web.UI version 2011_1_519 the controls are not showing up properly, where as if I use the CSS of Telerik.Web.UI of some older version then the styles are appearing correctly.

Please help me with this issue, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mohammed Asif

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jun 2012, 06:47 AM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Would you be more specific on that issue? We need to know which controls exactly are having some issues. Also it would be good to provide us code, screenshots, runnable project and everything that you think would give us more information about the issue, so we would be bale to investigate it.

By the provided information I would think that this is related to a custom skin issue and a control that have some breaking change (HTML/CSS rendering) in the base stylesheet, and that`s why it does not work with the version you have downloaded, but with a previous ones. Which is the latest version that works fine with your custom skin?

You could try to recreate the custom skin for the exact control using the template from Telerik.Web.UI version 2011_1_519 and to check if it will work correctly. If it works, then you should check if your custom skins need to be reworked accordingly to the latest changes and improvements.

Kind regards,
Bozhidar
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Mohammed
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jun 2012, 07:38 AM
Hi Bozhidar,

Thanks for your reply!

We tried with two version i.e Telerik 2009 Q2 and Telerik.Web.UI_2011_1_519_Dev, But its only working with 2009 Q2 Version.. I'm attaching screenshot by applying changes with above two versions.

We followed below mentioned steps:

1. Took Telerik folder under skin folder from program files and placed in our project.
2. Updated the CSS for ComboBox.TestSkin.css
3. We linked ComboBox.TestSkin.css CSS in the masterpage.
4. We have changed the appsettings in webconfig file to with our custom skin/style:

<add key="Telerik.EnableEmbeddedSkins" value="false" />
    <add key="Telerik.EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet" value="false" />
    <add key="Telerik.Skin" value="TestSkin" />

Thanks,
Mohammed Asif
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jun 2012, 10:10 AM
Hi,

Since the time you have created your custom skin, past almost three years, and you are using DLL that is two years newer than compared to your custom skin. There are a lot of new features, improved HTML rendering, new controls...

I would recommend to update to the latest Telerik ASP.NET AJAX version and recreate your custom skins according to Telerik`s latest visual improvements.

Greetings,
Bozhidar
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Mohammed
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jun 2012, 10:39 AM
Hi Bozhidar,

Thanks again for your reply!

We have downloaded the skins from this link http://stylebuilder.telerik.com/  and tried but still its not working. We tried Using DLL and skin of Version Telerik.Web.UI_2011_1_519_Dev then also its not working.

We just need to create a custom skin for our project using any Telerik latest skin.. Please guide us, Is there any way to contact you? Please let me know.

Thanks
Mohammed Asif

Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jun 2012, 02:47 PM
Hello,

I have tested your scenario. Created a skin for ComboBox using Visual Style Builder, upload it in a simple project page, where I set the custom skin to be used, and everything works as expected. The custom skin was applied with the all changes I made with the Visual Style Builder tool. This is a short video file showing my test: http://screencast.com/t/tWx7qepjus3.

PinkCombo.zip contains the Pink custom skin from the video.

If you experience further issues, you should send us your project to check it. Note that Telerik does not support custom solutions, including custom skin, and it is a developer's responsibility to take care for the customizations when a new DLL is released.

Regards,
Bozhidar
the Telerik team
Mohammed
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jun 2012, 02:01 PM
Hi Bozhidar,

Thank you.. Your video tutorial help us to solve the issue :)

Thanks,
Mohammed Asif
Mohammed
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jun 2012, 02:20 PM
Hi Bozhidar,

I really thanks for your video tutorial..

Why we are creating custom skin is just to get a desire style for our project like font , font size and color etc...

The issue is: I have to change the text color for disabled ComboBox and i changed in stylesheet, But its only working in firefox not in Internet Explorer, As IE is the main browser for our client. I have attached detailed screenshot please have a look and let me know how i can fix this issue.

Thanks
Mohammed Asifuddin

Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jun 2012, 08:18 AM
Hi,

This is a usability and accessibility requirement in IE that the disabled element colro should be grey or something similar, and could not be overridden with CSS.

Kind regards,
Bozhidar
the Telerik team
Tags
Visual Style Builder
Asked by
Mohammed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
Mohammed
Top achievements
Rank 1