This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

CS0012 Compilation error.

2 Answers 141 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
drinell
Top achievements
Rank 1
drinell asked on 15 Jan 2009, 09:12 PM
I have a prior installation of Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET Q2 2007. Recently, we upgraded to RadControls for ASPNET AJAX Q3 2008. After this, I noticed that several of my Radgrids lost the previously applied formatting. Since reapplying the formatting for each individual grid was not a viable option, I specificaly referenced the older version of the Radgrid dll and set the Specific Version required to true. The app is running perfectly fine on  my local machine. But when I build and deploy it to the dev server I get the following Compilation error:
Could someone please help me with this?

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0012: The type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

Source Error:

Line 282:        
Line 283:        [System.Diagnostics.DebuggerNonUserCodeAttribute()]
Line 284: private global::Telerik.Web.UI.RadScriptManager @__BuildControlrsmSKU() {Line 285:            global::Telerik.Web.UI.RadScriptManager @__ctrl;
Line 286:            

Thanks,
Sreejath

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jan 2009, 08:41 AM
Hi Sreejath,

The error says it all:

You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
The reference has to be added in your web.config. The System.Web.Extensions.dll must be placed in the GAC.

Please refer to :

Installing ASP.NET AJAX

Configuring ASP.NET AJAX

Kind regards,
Dimo
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
drinell
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jan 2009, 02:37 PM
Thank you Dimo.
I was confused because the app was running locally sans the reference in the web.config.
However, once I added the ref, its working correctly on dev server as well.
Thanks,
Sreejath
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
drinell
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimo
Telerik team
drinell