Trying to add a RadAjaxManager to my page. I'm getting the "Error Creating Control ... Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik ... " error.
I'm using VS 2005 Orcas and the v3.5 .NET framework ... I'm also using Vista x64 Enterprise ... and I also have the Microsoft AJAX Dev Toolkit installed. I've also installed the SP1 for Prometheus
BTW ... the RadAjaxmanager for RAD 2007 Q1 SP1 works fine ...
20 Answers, 1 is accepted
VS 2005 Standard
The designer fails with all Prometheus controls.
There is at least one fix, which is what I ended up doing. I did a full uninstall of the initial release and then installed the full SP1 version. That did the trick and everything was happy once again.
I can't really say why this was necessary or why it even worked, but that should get you going. Perhaps the Telerik folks have some comments once back from the holiday weekend.
Has any other solution been found?
If not, then I will have to bite the bullet.
I completely uninstalled VS, cleaned the registry, removed all of Telerik, reinstalled all ... SAME FREAKING THING.
Donno ... but i can save you the approximate 3 hour round trip to uninstall / reinstall.
Follow this page:
To add BOTH the telerik.web.design and the telerik.web.ui dlls into the GAC. Viola, it started working.
That worked for me!
I have exactly the same problem but adding the 2 DLLs into GAC did not change anything....
Do you have any solution?
If that doesn't work, then have a look in the @register assebly of the page and make sure that it isn't referencing a specific version of the dll.
Thank you for your post but I check the 2 points and everything is good :
In my page I have :
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
and in the Web.Config I have :
<add assembly="Telerik.Web.Design, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121FAE78165BA3D4"/>
<add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
<add assembly="System.Design, Version=188.8.131.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
<add assembly="System.Configuration.Install, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
<add assembly="ABCpdf, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A7A0B3F5184F2169"/>
<add assembly="RssToolkit, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=02E47A85B237026A"/>
<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/></assemblies>
So what can I do ? Everything look good ... but not working....
No change without Telerik.Web.Design assembly from the web.config
Any other idea ???
I had <%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.512.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.515.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" %>
I also had to change it in the safecontrol references - if I took the version out I got the same error as mentioned above.
I just had to fix the dll references in my project.
it worked immediately in a new web application project.
In visual studio, the telerik controls came up with a box that said that it could not load assembly...blah blah
I tried to remove the Telerik.dll form the gac using gacutil.exe, but was told that other applications were dependent on it. Finally i did the following steps:
Disabling the Assembly Cache Viewer
WARNING: The following steps involve modifying the Windows Registry. If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. The author as well as Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
If you want to disable the Assembly Cache Viewer and see the GAC in all its naked glory within Windows Explorer, you can set
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion\DisableCacheViewer [DWORD] to 1. (these instructions were found on: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dotnet/demystifygac.aspx)
This allowed me to see the actual files in the assembly folder. I did a search on this folder for Telerik.
This listed several files and folders. I deleted them.
When I opened Visual Studio, I could see all my controls just fine.
I then went into the registry entry I added above and set the value to 0.
Looking at my assembly folder showed that it reverted to the default view.
Everything works fine now.