This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

1 Answer 863 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
zydney
Top achievements
Rank 1
zydney asked on 25 Jan 2016, 10:45 AM

I have a problem when try to add telerik components to my web application.

I used telerik version 2016.1.113.45. 

I need your help how to solve this issue below:

========================================================================================================================= 

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]
Source File: none    Line: 0

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information === LOG: User = Zydney-PC\Zydney LOG: DisplayName = Telerik.Web.UI (Partial) WRN: Partial binding information was supplied for an assembly: WRN: Assembly Name: Telerik.Web.UI | Domain ID: 2 WRN: A partial bind occurs when only part of the assembly display name is provided. WRN: This might result in the binder loading an incorrect assembly. WRN: It is recommended to provide a fully specified textual identity for the assembly, WRN: that consists of the simple name, version, culture, and public key token. WRN: See whitepaper http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=109270 for more information and common solutions to this issue. LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/Zydney/NewGen21Web/NewGen21Web/ LOG: Initial PrivatePath = D:\Zydney\NewGen21Web\NewGen21Web\bin Calling assembly : (Unknown). === LOG: This bind starts in default load context. LOG: Using application configuration file: D:\Zydney\NewGen21Web\NewGen21Web\web.config LOG: Using host configuration file: C:\Users\Zydney\Documents\IISExpress\config\aspnet.config LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config. LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind). LOG: The same bind was seen before, and was failed with hr = 0x80070002.

=========================================================================================

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jan 2016, 03:21 PM
Hello zydney,

Usually such an error is thrown when the Telerik.Web.UI assembly is not properly referenced. For example the assembly is placed in the BIN folder but the project is referencing it from the GAC or vice versa. I would suggest that you revise the .dll references of your project. 

In addition, the following section in the documentation explains more common reasons for such a message and how to fix them:
http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/troubleshooting/general-troubleshooting

Regards,
Vessy
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
zydney
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vessy
Telerik team
Share this question
or