My company has approved an HTML/CSS prototype/script.aculo.us design for a navigation menu but now we have a technical requirement to convert this menu to a Telerik RAD menu. Since the design has already been approved, we need this menu to work & look like the the prototype/script.aculo.us version.
The example of the approved menu is here:
The inconsistencies I've been unable to overcome (thus far) in converting this menu to Telerik are
With the Horizontial to tier of the menu (Tasks/Special/Reports):
- Cannot accuratley recreate the slanted background separator images and hover images.
With the submenus (Tier 1 & 2):
- implementing the Graphic backgrounds with partial opacity but with 100% opacity on the graphic borders
- Absolute positioning these divs rather than them falling dynamically under the level above.
- Fixed width / height of these divs
- Vertical scrolling with browser scroll bar as seen under reports & reports/closing management options
Right now I'm trying to create a custom skin, using the Web20 skin as a starting point. With the static example above, I had access to define the styles and write the output code calling those styles. With Telerik, I only have access to the stylesheet and not the output code.
Can someone help me address these inconsistencies and get this menu working and looking the same way within the telerik structure?