This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ControlsToSkip="Fieldset" DecoratedControls="GridFormDetailsViews" in Q1 2010

4 Answers 105 Views
FormDecorator
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
XXXX
Top achievements
Rank 1
XXXX asked on 31 Mar 2010, 02:59 PM
This combo doesn't work in Q1 2010, the FormDecorator applies skin to Fieldset.

The situation I have is asp:detailsview and RadListView in the same RadWindow.
FormDecorator messes up RadListView so I had set it to skip Fieldset and that works for Q3 2009 but Q1 2010 messes up either RadComboBox that is in the asp:detailsview or the RadListView.

Any hints on overcoming this limitation would be appriciated.
Using asp:dropdownlists instead of RadComboBoxes would ruin concistent look of the application.

Yours
   Björn

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 02 Apr 2010, 09:43 AM
Hi Björn,

The compatibility problem with RadComboBox and RadFormDecorator using "GridFormDetailsViews" has already been fixed and the fix will be included in the next service pack release of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. If you do not wish to wait until then, you can get an internal fixed build from our site now - http://www.telerik.com/account/latest-internal-builds.aspx

Best wishes,
Lini
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
XXXX
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Apr 2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks for swift response, I delayed my response until I had done some testing.

[Deleted claim about this not working]

This works now with the settings

DecoratedControls="all" ControlsToSkip="Fieldset" 

It took 2 restarts of VisualStudio for the changes to take as at this level I'm using the VS Development server.

Yours
    Bjössi

XXXX
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Apr 2010, 11:03 AM
Since I installed the 2010.1.309.35 version I have gotten couple of "VS has encountered an error and needs to shutdown" errors,
they usually happen the first time I open this project after booting the workstation.
I don't dare to blame RadControls due to the nature of this setup (XP Pro 32bit, VS2008, SQL2008 ....).

Yours
  Bjössi
Accepted
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 09 Apr 2010, 04:53 PM
Hello Bjössi,

A probable cause could be an ommission in the VSExtensions available with the Q1 2010 release.

The problem is described and a solution is provided in the following forum thread:
Unhandled exception at "Telerik.VSX.AssemblyDiscovery.AssemblyLister.Init"

Sincerely yours,
Andrey
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
FormDecorator
Asked by
XXXX
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Lini
Telerik team
XXXX
Top achievements
Rank 1