This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Compatibility with VS 2012 RC

6 Answers 88 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Francis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Francis asked on 28 Jun 2012, 01:56 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if the AJAX Q2 2012 is compatible with VS 2012 RC as I am having issues.

many thanks,

Francis

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Aylin
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jul 2012, 06:19 AM
H Francis,

Thank you for contacting us.

I confirm that RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX are compatible with Visual Studio 2012 RC.
What kind of issues are you having?

Regards,
VSXTeam Aylin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Francis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2012, 01:12 PM
Hi,

I have simply created a new web forms project, added a radgrid to the default.aspx, F5 and I get "The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>)".  I have not modified any part of the page yet.

If I do the exact same steps in VS 2010, everything works.

thank you,

Francis

[HttpException (0x80004005): The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>).]
   System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +9588303
   Telerik.Web.SkinRegistrar.RegisterCssReference(Page _page, Control _control, String _url) +480

Accepted
Aylin
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jul 2012, 04:02 PM
Hello Francis,

Unfortunately, creating a new Web Application using the default templates with Visual Studio 2012 RC and dragging some RadControls from the toolbox to your page leads to this exception. You could read more about it in this blog post, where you could find some workarounds for the issue.

Another workaround which is not listed in the blog post is to create a new Telerik RadControls Web Site/Web application through Telerik menu in Visual Studio. Dragging controls to your page should not lead to any exceptions and errors.

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
VSXTeam Aylin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Francis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2012, 05:54 PM
Thank you, the blog post helped resolve my issue.

Francis
Francis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jul 2012, 01:54 PM
The only modification I had to do is in the Title section.

<title>
       <telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">
           <%: Page.Title%>
       </telerik:RadCodeBlock>
   </title>

Aylin
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jul 2012, 07:37 AM
Hi Francis,

I am glad that the issue is solved on your side.

Do not hesitate to come back to us if you need any further assistance.

All the best,
VSXTeam Aylin
the Telerik team
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Francis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Aylin
Telerik team
Francis
Top achievements
Rank 1