This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Column Paging with Telerik Reporting Q3-2010

3 Answers 22 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sachin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sachin asked on 10 Sep 2013, 10:05 AM
Hi,
We have a report with 40 number of columns. We want to show that report in a such way that, user will be able to do paging with columns also.What I mean is, we want to show only 10 number of columns on first page.And then when user will click on next columns, then it should show next 10 columns and so on.
So can you please let me know is it possible to implement such column paging functionality with Q3-2010 reporting controls.
Also while doing so can we also make available both paging for user i.e.Physical paging and logical paging(Column Paging).

Thanks,
Sachin.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 13 Sep 2013, 12:38 PM
Hi Sachin,

Using Telerik Reporting Q3 2010, if the Table item cannot be gathered in the physical dimensions set through the PageSettings properties, columns are transferred onto the next page automatically. Using this you can define each page to gather exactly then columns of the Table item.

Other approach we can suggest you is to use a ReportBook - create a separate report definition for each 10 columns and gather them in a single document. An example of ReportBook can be found in the local demos provided with your installation in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting Q3 2010\Examples folder(the default installation folder).

You may also check if toggling the columns visibility as in the Crosstab local demo suites your requirements.

If you need further help, please elaborate on the scenario. If possible illustrate the current layout and the desired layout with some images.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q2 2013? You can get them from your account.

Sachin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Sep 2013, 11:24 AM
Hi Stef,
Thanks for the reply.I am able to do column paging with the help of reportbook.So now when I am cilcking on next page button its navigating to the reaming columns(next reportbook).
But now when I want to do actual paging what changes I need to make.Or how I can achieve actual paging along with current functionality.

Thanks. 
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 30 Sep 2013, 09:03 AM
Hello Sachin,

Other approach to create column paging is to use report parameters based on which to filter in and out Table item's column groups. For more details take a look at the attached sample report definition created with Telerik Reporting Q3 2010. The defined filters can be checked in the Group Explorer after selecting the Table item.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q2 2013? You can get them from your account.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Sachin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Sachin
Top achievements
Rank 1