This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Client side tooltip resized smaller with scrollbar - new with Q3 2008 SP1

3 Answers 24 Views
ToolTip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sylvain
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sylvain asked on 03 Dec 2008, 07:33 PM
Please look at http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/ToolTip/Examples/ClientSideAPI/DefaultCS.aspx to see what's happening. Scrollbars shouldn't be needed and are not desirable. Only tested on IE6. Any ideas how to fix that? Thanks!

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 04 Dec 2008, 01:07 PM
Hi Sylvain,

Yes, you are correct and we want to thank you for pointing the issue with the mentioned demo. The described effect comes from the fact that the tooltip has a very small height set - 70px - as you can see from the demo's code. If you encounter the same problem, please just set a bigger value for the RadToolTip's height.

Kind regards,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Sylvain
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Dec 2008, 05:40 PM
Actually, in my application, using the Client Side API I create a tooltip but I don't have a height or width set for the tooltip. What the tooltip USED to do before Q3 2008 SP1, was to resize itself to the size of its contents (in my case a table). Now, what it does is resize to a small height (around 70px) and small width (around 150px) and you get scrollbars (for the content element part of the tooltip, it doesn't affect the title).
Why? And how to fix it? My table doesn't have a set height or width, so I can't hardcode that. 
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 08 Dec 2008, 11:23 AM
Hello Sylvain,

Since i do not have your code and I explained to you what causes this behavior in the demo, I am not able to tell you what is the exact reason for this in your particular project. Furthermore I am not aware of such problem in the common case and after I removed the sizes in the online demo code, it the tooltip started resizing itself as you describe your requirement. This being said I think that the best way to proceed is to open a new support ticket and send me a sample, fully working reproduction demo along with reproduction instructions. Once I receive it, I will analyze it locally and I will do my best to help you get the desired behavior.

Kind regards,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
ToolTip
Asked by
Sylvain
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
Sylvain
Top achievements
Rank 1