This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Client Side API

5 Answers 166 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bloodhound
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bloodhound asked on 25 Sep 2007, 01:34 PM
In the OnClientAppointmentInserting event, I have a function with 2 parameters, obj, and args, just like your documentation.  On the args object, the following functions are available:
set_cancel
get_cancel
get_IsAllDay
get_StartTime

get_StartTime works perfectly, but because my scheduler is in ResourceView, I also need a function that will give me the resource I am inserting the appointment onto. 

Also, I believe your clientside Scheduler object should also have properties or functions that contain this information when inserting an event. 

Thanks.
-Mike

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Colin Bull
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Sep 2007, 06:04 PM
I have to agree on that, im starting to use the client side api, and one thing that I could realy do with is the end time.

Cheers
Steve
Bloodhound
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Sep 2007, 07:18 PM
Also, I examined the object server side for the FormCreating Event where mode is Insert, and the appointment object is null, so I can't access the resource there either.  I am trying to handle this event and do some extra logic when a user tries to insert a row.  On the FormCreated Event, the object is there, but it is too late to cancel the insert. 

At a high level, what I am trying to do is have a list of predefined events displayed next to RadScheduler.  I want the user to be able to choose one of the events, then double click an area of the RadScheduler to add the event to that part of the schedule.  Do you guys have a way of doing this? 

Also, you guys keep mentioning an upcoming service pack, but when users of the forum ask when it will be released, you don't reply.  Do you guys have a rough estimate?  2007? 2008? Next week? :)

Thanks!
-Mike
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 26 Sep 2007, 01:52 PM
Hello Mike Becatti,

Sorry for the inconvenience, the resource view was one of the last features to be implemented and it obviously needs some finishing touches. We will implement the required properties in the event arguments, so you will be able to take full advantage of them.

I cannot think of a better way to implement your scenario with the current version of RadScheduler.

The service pack is planned for mid-October.

Regards,
Tsvetomir Tsonev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Michel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Oct 2008, 03:40 PM
Hi !

UPDATE: forget me, I just found it in the documentation .. !

> The service pack is planned for mid-October

I'm currently testing the Scheduler with resource view and one thing I really need for my client is the habillity to access the resource (at least the KeyField) from client side like OnClientAppointmentInserting()

So is this feature still planned this month ?

Thanks,
Mike
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 23 Oct 2008, 03:48 PM
Hello Michel,

Please, try the following:

function OnClientAppointmentInserting(sender, eventArgs)  
{  
 alert(eventArgs.get_targetSlot().get_resource().get_key() | get_type() | get_text());  

All the best,
Peter
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Bloodhound
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Colin Bull
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bloodhound
Top achievements