This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Chrome 47.0.2526.73 m breaks AsyncUpload

33 Answers 142 Views
AsyncUpload
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
John Reynolds
Top achievements
Rank 1
John Reynolds asked on 03 Dec 2015, 08:57 PM

Hello,

Suddenly today after latest Chrome 47.0.2526.73m release (Dec 1), latest version of Telerik Asp.Net (2015.3.1111.40) (and previous stable release) AsyncUpload does not work...the progress just shows as it taking forever to upload and never ends.

Works fine in IE 11 and Firefox.

Note that it does this in development and especially when deployed. I've had my code in place for a long time without trouble. Not sure if this is even a Telerik problem, but others may find helpful?

.Net 4.0

<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
        <telerik:RadScriptManager runat="server" ID="RadScriptManager1"/>
        <telerik:RadSkinManager ID="RadSkinManager1" runat="server" ShowChooser="true"/>
        <div class="demo-container size-thin">
            <telerik:RadAsyncUpload runat="server" ID="AsyncUpload1" MultipleFileSelection="Automatic"/>
        </div>
    </div>
</form>
</body>
</html>

33 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
answered on 04 Dec 2015, 01:18 PM
Hello John,

I replied to your inquiry in the submitted support ticket with the same subject.

Regards,
Ivan Danchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Yi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Dec 2015, 08:44 PM

i have exactly same issue with you. let me know if you have any luck to fix it.

Thanks,

John Reynolds
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Dec 2015, 08:57 PM

No - no fix. In fact, support has stated that they can't reproduce. 

But my code which worked last week (and for a year) is broken under Chrome 47.0.2526.73m, and I downloaded a portable Chrome http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable version which as of yesterday was the previous 46.x version, and it works perfectly. Side by side the 46 version works, the newer 47 version fails.

If I do stumble on something I'll be sure to post. I haven't gotten back to support yet - been too busy.

John Reynolds
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Dec 2015, 08:59 PM

Here's where you can get older Chrome portable versions to test for yourself:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/portableapps/files/Google%20Chrome%20Portable/

John Reynolds
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Dec 2015, 10:17 PM

I just downloaded support's test - and it works fine in Chrome 47*. 

I'm now trying to see why - what is the difference between this and my other projects (both C# and VB.Net).

Yi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Dec 2015, 03:34 PM

Any luck?

I am using old UI version which is the reason??

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2014.1.403.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"
    Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

John Reynolds
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Dec 2015, 04:53 PM

I'm using their very latest [stable] release.

I've noticed it works OK in debug on my development machine, but has issues when published on the web server. It's not a publishing thing - I know that for certain.

Yi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Dec 2015, 06:21 PM

that same to me, ok in development and VS. But after publishing to server IIS, then broken.

John Reynolds
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Dec 2015, 06:24 PM
I've just updated my support ticket with this info - it's not just me now, which is helpful, and we've gotten it down to deployment. My deployment has never changed, and it's worked fine for years. 
Yi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Dec 2015, 07:42 PM

one more update,

when I use IP address in URL then it works fine. change back to server name then failed, only Google chrome after updated.

Yi

John Reynolds
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Dec 2015, 11:38 PM

Yi,

I appreciate your input! I can confirm that the exact same thing happens to me. Once published, IP address in URL works fine, but not by DNS name. 

Yi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Dec 2015, 02:28 AM

I got some ideas hopefully that will be helpful for fixing this issue.

I checked Log on IIS showing 401 error that means no permission to upload files to temp folder, I guess New chrome break windows integrated authentication.  my case is using windows integrated authentication with IIS 7.0 in Intranet

The reason why IP address is working. when you using IP address as URL, you need enter username and password again. and using servername or DNS name in URL won't do that, and just got your credential from windows. but google chrome didn't take my credential to IIS server rightly, i GUESS.

Yi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Dec 2015, 02:36 AM
yes, everything is working fine in my computer at home through VPN, as when I access it, i need enter username and password. but in Intranet, my working computer, I access this application,I don't need enter Username and password again after I login in windows.
Yi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Dec 2015, 02:38 PM

seems it is working fine for my after I did some change in IIS. 

after i google, I found these links and got an ideas that is chrome breake authentication. so I go IIS server to change Authentication Providers. only keep NTLM. then it is working fine.
 https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/3v6suu/chrome_47_breaks_ntlm_authentication_squid/
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=544255#c41

Glen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Dec 2015, 04:38 PM

Wow - what luck you posted John/Yi.... I was just facing the exact same issue fine on local machine but failing when running on server,  changed the IIS config to NTLM and the upload is now working. I was tearing my hair out trying to figure out why something that was working had failed for many of my users.  Thankyou Yi.

For anyone else that is googling, when debugging I was getting upload stuck on 'orange'  as per original post by John and a javascript error message of "uncaught type error: cannot set property 'index' of undefined"

John Reynolds
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Dec 2015, 04:39 PM

Glen,

Would you mind posting a snippet of your IIS config which includes the NTLM changes?

Glen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Dec 2015, 04:51 PM
Under the relevant website on IIS select "Authentication" then select "Windows Authentication" for my site all others are 'disabled' as per screenshot. When selecting "Windows Authentication" click "Providers" and change to NTLM only (I removed all other options in the list as per Yi's info).
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
answered on 09 Dec 2015, 11:52 AM
Hello,

Thank you, Yi, for posting your solution. There are reports that new Chrome version 47.0.2526.80 fixes the issues with the windows authentication the previous one introduced. We can suggest testing the AsyncUpload with it.

Regards,
Ivan Danchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Dec 2015, 12:23 PM

Glen, thanks a million!

I've been searching for days to resolve this strange issue!

John Reynolds
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Dec 2015, 06:48 PM

Ivan,

47.0.2526.80 just hit my machine. I immediately tried it - no joy. Does not fix our issue.

Justin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Dec 2015, 03:17 PM
I can confirm that this problem is happening for us as well after upgrading Chrome to 47.0.2526.80m this morning.  Unfortunately, using only NTLM authentication work around is not an option in my case.  
John Reynolds
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Dec 2015, 04:54 PM
Same here - I tried the latest Beta (portableapps.com) and problem still exists. I can't turn on NTLM only unfortunately. I'm moving on to Dropzone.js for the time being until this is fixed.
Justin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Dec 2015, 10:00 PM
Apparently the latest version of Chromium does actually fix the problem - so hopefully this will make its way into Chrome soon (very soon as it's a huge pain)
John Reynolds
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Dec 2015, 10:03 PM
Justin, where did you see that? I have one later than this: http://crportable.sourceforge.net/releases.html  48.0.2564.22 in Chrome portable, and it has the same issue...
Justin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Dec 2015, 11:04 PM
This was a user reporting that it was working for them in Chromium - I may need to follow up as I have not personally confirmed this.
Justin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Dec 2015, 02:56 PM
Yes, this user was running an older version and was just mistaken.  Totally still broken.  
Justin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Dec 2015, 04:37 PM

I spoke with Chromium developers this morning and this issue is related to the following:

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=567692

John Reynolds
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Dec 2015, 04:55 PM

Justin,

Thanks - that's really great to see they're acknowledging it and working towards a solution.... bad part is they're talking about version 48 stable, and maybe not even the first release.

<<sigh>>

Justin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Dec 2015, 06:08 PM
Yes, this is incredibly troubling for me as I have evangelized for our corporate environment to use Chrome and have over 80% of our users on this browser.  I recognize that this is a browser specific issue and not directly related to Telerik controls but it a a massive problem for many tools I've built utilizing Telerik controls.  It is terrible to make such massive investments then to be thwarted by a 3rd party bug like this which has no apparent work around other than asking users to utilize another browser.
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
answered on 14 Dec 2015, 11:43 AM
Hello,

Thank you, Justin, for providing a link to the reported issue. We hope a fix will soon be released by Google.

Currently the only workaround we are aware of is the NTLM provider setting suggested by Yi, earlier in this thread.

Regards,
Ivan Danchev
Telerik
John Reynolds
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jan 2016, 05:07 PM
Google just released 48. I moved everything over to Dropzone.js in desperation.... I was wondering if anyone has tested and can confirm it's back to working?
Justin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Jan 2016, 05:09 PM
I can confirm that the fix is working for us
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jan 2016, 05:36 PM
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us. We are glad the fix solved the issue for you.

Regards,
Ivan Danchev
Telerik
Tags
AsyncUpload
Asked by
John Reynolds
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
Yi
Top achievements
Rank 1