This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

CausesValidation

10 Answers 132 Views
ToolBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Steven Marchessault
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steven Marchessault asked on 27 Mar 2008, 06:04 PM
In the pre prometheus version of RadToolBar it supported causes validation property on all buttons. In the new version, it is defined at the ToolBar level.

Why?

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 27 Mar 2008, 06:33 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your question!

RadToolBar validation is still under construction. We are working on the implementation of per-button validation and we hope we will have it up and running for the official release.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Jason Maronge
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Apr 2008, 09:16 PM
I found this out the hard way.  I removed my buttons added a toolbar only to find out that it does not work.  I was able to still do validation by calling Page.Validate()/("validationgroup") on the toolbar click server event  .

Jason
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 07 Apr 2008, 06:30 AM
Hi guys,

Jason, I'm sorry for the troubles you've encountered. Thanks for sharing your workaround!

I just wanted to note that the RadToolBar "Prometheus" validation is ready and the control is on its way for the official release scheduled for the next week. Stay tuned...

Cheers,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Michael Hennessy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 May 2008, 10:54 PM
Hi, I am using the official version, but validation does not fire.  I have set CausesValidation property on the control level to true and then the individual buttons to the respective true or false value.  I am also using a validationGroup.  The validation never fires, so that when I use the Page.IsValid property in the code behind I get ans asp.net exception. 

So, is validation implemented or what is the official workaround?

Thank you.
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 05 May 2008, 12:09 PM
Hi Michael,

We found that RadToolBar for ASP.NET Ajax does not properly perform server-side validation. We fixed that already and the fix will be available in the official service pack of the suite. Please, find attached the .NET 2.0 assemblies from the most recent build.

For a dev version, please, open a formal support ticket and specify the .NET runtime version you use so that I can send you the dev version.

Best regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

TerraForum
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jul 2008, 11:34 PM
Hi,

im having problems with the current version, i have tried setting causesvalidation=false in radtoolbar and/or its items, but i t seems not to work with the regularexpressionvalidator control, shoud it work on that too?

tks,

TerraForum.
TerraForum
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jul 2008, 08:20 PM
What i found is that the problem seems to be related to the radajaxmanager i have on the same page, even though i dont have an ajaxsetting for the toolbar control, it is behaving like that, it is only working when i set enableajax=false.
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jul 2008, 03:56 PM
Hi TerraForum,

The problem happens because of the RadToolBar intagration with the ASP.NET validation mechanism. There is a flicker, that happens when validation is disabled for a button. You can overcome this by adding the validators to the UpdatedControls collection of the AjaxSetting. Please, find attached a demo page.

Let me know if I am missing something.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
TerraForum
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jul 2008, 07:34 PM
My problem now is that when i enable ajax in radajaxmanager , the toolbar buttons doesnt even become clickable, the cursor stays as default pointer and no action happens when its clicked.
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jul 2008, 10:30 AM
Hi TerraForum,

I'm afraid I could not reproduce the problem you explain. Can you please, open a formal support ticket and send me the page you have? Or, if the page is too complicated, modifying the one I sent you so that it reproduce the error will suffice. Once we are able to identify the problem we will do our best to fix it.

By the way, are you sure the version of the Telerik.Web.UI.dll assembly is 2008.2.723?

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
ToolBar
Asked by
Steven Marchessault
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
Jason Maronge
Top achievements
Rank 1