This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

cannot load 2008.3.1125.35

1 Answer 72 Views
Upload (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Zed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Zed asked on 08 Jan 2009, 11:47 AM
I get an error from the web config that it cannot load
telerik.web.ui.raduploadhttpmodule.   when I comment the httphandler line out then it complains about the next reference to telerik.web.ui control.  The new .dlls for q3 are in the bin folder - I double checked.  It does not seem to load until I put the telerik.web.ui .dll in the GAC.  What is the explanation for this?  Somewhere the application gets the idea that it must be in the GAC and only in the GAC.  I thought it would probe until it found it in the bin folder.   WIll it mess anyone up if I put it in the GAC?  I may add that other web applications on the server  have a reference to telerik.web.ui and these references are not the full 4 part  reference. just the assemby and namespace.
Thanks 

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jan 2009, 02:10 PM
Hi Zed,

This error may occur if the version of the assembly in the bin folder is different from the one in the web.config.
You can try removing the assembly version from the module and handler registration so this:
            <add name="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.3.1125.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"/>

becomes:
            <add name="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI"/>

If this does not help please send us your web.config so we can take a look.
Regards,
Albert
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Upload (Obsolete)
Asked by
Zed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
Share this question
or