This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Calculated column

1 Answer 37 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
regis
Top achievements
Rank 1
regis asked on 26 May 2010, 11:39 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a calculated column having for expression {0} / 40 *100.

everything works fine if I am under English culture in browser option. But if i switch to French culture in browser option, the grid is empty. I am wondering if the calculation are messed up as decimal symbol are not the same in french and english

the values are from a file and is using "." (dot)  as decimal. None of the value are entrered by user.
I don't how the parse is occuring when applying the calculation provided by the expression.

I don't know if I can set up the culture of the grid regardless of the culture of the request or something like that (if related to culture problem of course)

thank you

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veli
Telerik team
answered on 01 Jun 2010, 09:22 AM
Hello regis,

How do you bind the items from the file to the grid? If you are parsing strings into numeric values, make sure invariant culture is used when parsing. Also, consider disabling LINQ expressions in RadGrid (set EnableLinqExpressions="False")  to see if it makes any difference.

If the problem persists, consider opening a regular support ticket where you can send us some sample project we can debug locally. This will be of great help for us trying to identify the cause of this issue.

Regards,
Veli
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
regis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Veli
Telerik team
Share this question
or