This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Business Objects binding broken in 2010Q1?

3 Answers 70 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Adrian Segovia
Top achievements
Rank 1
Adrian Segovia asked on 14 May 2010, 02:59 PM
Hello Telerik,

I read this thread that explain the problem I'm having with Q1 2010

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/reporting/telerik-reporting/business-objects-binding-broken-in-2009q3.aspx#1199032

I followed the instructions given in it with no success.

Could you please help?

Sincerely

Adrian

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 17 May 2010, 09:56 AM
Hi Adrian,

The problem in the thread you refer to was in a previous version of the product (Q3 2009 to be exact) and since we have fixed the problem in its subsequent version, you're the first one to report it for the latest official version. We noticed from your download history that you've downloaded Q3 2009 as well, so please verify that you have correctly upgraded to Q1 by running our Upgrade Wizard. Also please note that in Q1 2010 we have introduced new Data Source Components and if you want to bind to your business objects in Q1, you should use the ObjectDataSource component. More information is available in the How to: Bind to a BusinessObject help article.
If you're still having problems, we would appreciate if you elaborate on your exact problem and better of, provide us with a sample project where the issue can be observed.

Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Adrian Segovia
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 May 2010, 02:54 PM
Hello Steve,

you are right! I did have installed Q3 2009, then I downloaded Q1 2010.  After I installed Q1 2010 I did not see it in the toolbar, so I ran the upgrade wizard as I read in the page on how to upgrade. after this I still could not see Q1 2010 on the toolbar, so I uninstall both (Q3 2009 and Q1 2010). I reinstalled Q1 2010 and I was able to see it in the toolbar but now I'm not able to see the fields on the data explorer.

Sincerely 

Adrian
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 19 May 2010, 04:06 PM
Hello Adrian,

A lot has changed in the report engine since Q3 2009 and the binding specifically is completely different.
There is only a single known issue that yields in empty Data Explorer and this is when your report is bound to an ObjectDataSource with parameter depending on reporting parameter - is this your case?
If you're still having problems, it would be best to provide us with a runnable sample project that shows the problem at hand.

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Adrian Segovia
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Adrian Segovia
Top achievements
Rank 1