BUG : DatePicker

7 posts, 0 answers
  1. Aamir
    Aamir avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Jun 2009

    Posted 03 Jun 2009 Link to this post

    We at http://www.giccrm.com/travel facing a strange bug on RAD Controls DatePicker.

    Whenever the client date is 31st May, 2009 it does not allow user to select any date from the month of June in Firefox and it always show July in month even user selects some date in June.

    Anyone having such issue ?
    Any resolution ?

    regards,
    Aamir
  2. Tsvetoslav
    Admin
    Tsvetoslav avatar
    1823 posts

    Posted 05 Jun 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Aamir,

    I could not reproduce this issue on my end. Could you post your aspx and code behind (please, use the code formatter toll of the editor to post the code) and confirm that you are using version 2009.1.402 of the controls.

    Thank you.

    Best Regards,
    Tsvetoslav
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  3. Aamir
    Aamir avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Jun 2009

    Posted 08 Jun 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Tsvetoslav,

    Thanks for your reply, the problem seems in JavaScript file, as it occurs when the Date on Client Computer is changed to 31st of May, 2009 or any year ending with odd number. like 2007, 2009, 2011 ....

    Script versions deployed there are 1.8.1 and 2.1.1.

    In order to produce this, simply set your Computer date to 31st May, 2009 and surf http://www.giccrm.com/travel and try to select Date using Date Picker.

    If we upgrade these RAD Controls with new version ? Do we need to change the code or simply install new RAD Controls and recompile whole application ?

    If yes, we can purchase new version, please advise.

    Thanks in advance.

    Aamir

  4. Tsvetoslav
    Admin
    Tsvetoslav avatar
    1823 posts

    Posted 11 Jun 2009 Link to this post

    Hello Aamir,

    Indeed I reproduced the problem online, however, when I tried to reproduce the problem in a standalone application with both version 1.8.1 and 2.1.1, I had no success, as evidenced by the attached very simple sample. It might be the case that the unexpected behavior is due to something specific to your implementation. Therefore, if the problem persists I'd ask you to open a formal support ticket, isolate the problem in a small test project and send it to us so that we can debug it and get back to you with more information.

    Concerning you second question, if you would like to migrate to the ASP.NET AJAX version of the control, please review the following help topic on how to achieve this: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/calendar_overviewmigrating.html

    Otherwise, you can download the latest internal build for the RadCalendar control (classic version, no ajax) and see if it helps.


    Best Regards,
    Tsvetoslav
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  5. Tasawar
    Tasawar avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Jun 2009

    Posted 15 Jun 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Tsvetoslav,
    I went through the problem Mr. Aamir is having.

    I was able to generate the bug on online form as well as the stand alone application you have attached.

    To regenerate the problem on your own application datepickerbug.zip:
    1.  Set Your System date to 31st May
    2. From your form select a date from June, let say 14/06/2009
    3. you will observe that the date will change to 14/07/2009 Automatically.

    Please let us know wether you are able to generate the bug in your application

    Please can you tell me what is your GMT setting of your system where you are testing your application?

    Regards,

    Tasawar Gulzar

  6. Tasawar
    Tasawar avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Jun 2009

    Posted 15 Jun 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Tsvetoslav

    Adding more into my previous reply. I have found that, Even if i copy the code from the online examples for Date Picker the same problem arises.
    Online Examples for Date Picker is working fine on http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/calendar/examples/datepicker/custompopup/defaultcs.aspx

    but when i copy the same code to my application and run a page with the code written in example i face the same problem that when i select June date it changes into July.

    Looking forward to your reply for the solution of this problem
     
    Best Regards
    Tasawar Gulzar
  7. Tsvetoslav
    Admin
    Tsvetoslav avatar
    1823 posts

    Posted 16 Jun 2009 Link to this post

    Hello Tasawar,

    Indeed, you are correct, I managed to reproduce the problem and it turned out to be a minor issue with the calendar control that has been fixed in the latest official release of the 2.1.... version.

    I am sending you the relevant dll files.

    Greetings,
    Tsvetoslav
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Back to Top