This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Breaking Changes (2012 Q3) Issue

5 Answers 167 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
dhuss
Top achievements
Rank 1
dhuss asked on 21 Jan 2013, 05:09 PM

I created a custom skin using version 2011.3.1305.35 as a basis for my skin. I just recompiled my custom skin using version 2012.3.1308.35 and have found that the changes you made to the combobox have caused my custom skin to look rather crappy. I am now getting the left side of a down-arrow image showing up on the right side of my image. See the attached file customcombobox.png. The file Vistacombobox.png is from your current skin dll and renders fine. I have spent a LOT of hours building our company a custom skin and now I wonder what else is broke. I really don't want to redo all the sprites that you have changed and we need some of the bug fixes you have in your newer versions, so I am stuck at this point in time with crappy looking graphics in order to fix bugs we encountered. Suggestions!?!?!?

<td>
   <telerik:RadComboBox runat="server" ID="ddlDestinationPayerLevel" MaxHeight="150px"
          AllowCustomText="false" Width="150px" TabIndex="12">
   </telerik:RadComboBox>
</td>

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jan 2013, 03:09 PM
Hi Dennis,

Yes there are breaking changes in 2012 Q3. For more details please check this out. Try to change only combo's sprite or set AllowCustomText to true

<td>
   <telerik:RadComboBox runat="server" ID="ddlDestinationPayerLevel" MaxHeight="150px"
          AllowCustomText="true" Width="150px" TabIndex="12">
   </telerik:RadComboBox>
</td>

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
dhuss
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jan 2013, 04:17 PM
Changing the AllowCustomText = true is not an option when we have a defined list in a combobox. We have also found other issues and our managment has decided to roll back to the version we were using. 2011.3.1305.35
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jan 2013, 03:36 PM
Hi Dennis,

We are sorry for the inconvenience we caused to you with these changes. They are necessary in order to make the product better. If there is something we can do for you please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Hristo Valyavicharski
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
dhuss
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Feb 2013, 10:06 PM
I have downloaded the latest version of the Telerik Ajax controls and also "Telerik.Web.UI_2013_1_220_Dev_hotfix.zip" which contains the skin files. Your breaking changes listed in 2012 Q3 for the combobox sprites states "We have decreased the width of the sprite from 2000px to 1000px", yet the sprites contained in your latest code drop for skins that have a combobox sprite are still 2000px wide. When will you release the latest version of the combobox sprites so that custom skins designed prior to 2012 Q3 can be fixed? 

Also, it you try to format the combobox.css file using VS format, you get a mess. The only way I was able to get the css file to format correctly was by using JustCode format.

I tried an experiment using the combox.css file that is in the latest code set and the sprite from the forest combox. I appended "_Hew" to .radComboBox in the css file for my custom skin file name and compiled. What I got was an absolute mess for a combobox. See the attached image.

The forest.png image is from your telerik.web.ui.skins.dll v2013.1.220.35 and the custom.png is from the experiment listed above.
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 26 Feb 2013, 05:13 PM
Hello Dennis,

Probably you are looking at these sprites:
Telerik.Web.UI_2013_1_220_Dev_hotfix.zip\Skins\Forest\ComboBox\rcbSprite.png

but the sprites with the changed width are located in:
Telerik.Web.UI_2013_1_220_Dev_hotfix.zip\Skins\Forest\Common\radFormSprite.png

I opened ComboBox.Forest.css file with VS 2012 and was able to format it without JustCode by selecting all text and pressing Ctrl+K+C. I'm attaching the formatted file.  If you provide us with a runnable sample reproducing the issue you had faced then I could modify your skin. In addition, could you provide us with a LiveURL demonstrating the issue?

Greetings,
Hristo Valyavicharski
the Telerik team
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
dhuss
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
dhuss
Top achievements
Rank 1