I'd like to open a discussion on using Bootstrap (not the Bootstrap skin) with UI for ASP.NET.
I am planning a new web app and I'm not sure which way to go. On the one side I have experience with Bootstrap and I'd like to use its power to build mobile friendly and responsive apps. On the other side I'm afraid that it might conflict with Telerik's UI.
Elements I'll be using: navigation (RadNavigation, RadMenu), grid (layout), data grid, forms (inputs, dropdowns, buttons, ...).
Here some questions which are going through my head:
- Which is best for responsive grid design: Bootstrap's fluid grid or RadPageLayout?
- Bootstraps helper classes are powerful and helpful for quick formatting. Is there an equivalent with Telerik.
- Telerik has a built in Bootstrap skin. Is this a full "Bootstrap" including helper classes an so on or is it only a coloring theme?
- My app will be using a mixture of components from the two Telerik demo apps (http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/webmail/ andhttp://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/salesdashboard/views/regionalsalesstatus.aspx). Main Layout will be more like the sales dashboard (with header, sidebar, main content area). As I inspected the two demos in more detail, I saw that the sales dashboard is using Bootstrap. I am wondering why Telerik uses Bootstrap instead of its own UI?
- Who has experience "mixing" the two? Is this a good fit? Any known problems?
Hoping for a fruitful discussion. THX, Martin