This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

"Assembly Could Not Load" using New Version Q1 2011

8 Answers 116 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Daniel Lisowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
Daniel Lisowski asked on 12 Apr 2011, 04:09 PM
I am using the RadMenu downloaded version Q1 2011 and cannot get the menu to load. The page errors out with the following error:

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2011.1.315.1040, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I used the following website to assist me setting up the RadMenu http://www.sharemuch.com/2011/01/20/branding-sharepoint-2010-integrating-telerik-controls-in-sharepoint-site/

I modified the Telerik control to Version to the current build number as listed on this URL http://www.telerik.com/community/code-library/silverlight/general/submit-example.aspx

On the error page it states I am using Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5420; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5420 However, when checking the Server Manager I have installed the Role Service of .Net Framework 3.5.1

Could this be the problem? Do I need to upgrade my .Net Framework Version to more recent copy?

As stated in this post http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/editor/config-telerik-web-ui-dll-version-2010-1-415-35-in-sharepoint-2010.aspx I followed the instructions and placed code into the web.config for <SafeControl> and the <handlers> tags as directed.

What am I doing wrong?

I see in the threaded discussion that I may be using the wrong build:

----------
Posted on Jun 30, 2010 (permalink)

Hi Akhilaa,

I can see that you incorporated ASP.NET AJAX 3.5 in your MOSS site and you are trying to use the 2010.1.415.20 version of Telerik.Web.UI, which is built against .NET 2.0 framework. What you need to do is either use the 2010.1.415.35 version of Telerik.Web.UI, which is built against .NET 3.5 framework
---------

Is changing the build version the only issue? Are there any other roadblocks I should expect to find?

Please help!!!

Thank you.

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Daniel Lisowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Apr 2011, 08:35 PM
I have now been able to add a new global navigation to dynamically update sites and sub-sites, however, this does not solve my problem of having static (IT driven links) co-hebetate with dynamically driven (OOTB) SharePoint site and sub-site development. We need to have a Mega-Menu with extended width drop-down menus to include multi-column, images and auto-populate with dynamic links coupled with a static section of custom links which are read-only to end users. The static menu would be for "reserved" corporate links pushed to all users while the dynamic links are custom in nature which are created by site owners and driven by audience targeting. The dynamic links are driven by the SharePoint SiteMapDS (SiteMapDataSource).

In short, we want to have static menu items that would be listed in the first 2-3 top-level menu spots and then dynamic menu items for the remainder of the global navigation. Please see the attachment for an example we drew in Photoshop.
Kalina
Telerik team
answered on 14 Apr 2011, 01:58 PM
Hello,

Please excuse me for the delayed reply.
I started working on your case and will send you a sample implementation tomorrow.

Kind regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Apr 2011, 05:16 PM
This post references Support ID:413596.

Is it also possible to create a Mega Menu including dynamic links? We are currently using the SharePoint "SiteMapDataStorage" parameter to populate the dynamic sub-site content. How can we get these links into a Mega Menu?
Daniel Lisowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Apr 2011, 02:57 PM
When do you think a sample will be posted?

Alex
Kalina
Telerik team
answered on 16 Apr 2011, 11:40 AM
Hi,

As I understand you want to populate the RadMenu control with data from SiteMapDataSource but still be able to add menu items from markup.
You can achieve this by setting the  AppendDataBoundItems property of the RadMenu to “true”.
Then you can use SiteMapDataSource(populated via the SharePoint Navigation Provider) to databind the control.

Best wishes,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Daniel Lisowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Apr 2011, 05:45 PM
I do not see this as a working solution. It does not solve my problem. I may need to use a TreeView instead of a RadMenu for the display of the data. Either way what I need to accomplish is to have the ChildNode data displayed from the current site. I want to have LISTS and LIBRARIES displayed specifically for the site the user is currently on. Can anyone help me with this?

Here is a good example from your site at URL http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/panelbar/examples/applicationscenarios/panelbarandmenu/defaultcs.aspx Lets say we are looking at menu item MyOffice > Address Book > Co-Workers. Is it possible to remove all the menu items above the Co-Workers and simply display the children items of the Co-Workers? The result would be a menu looking like: MyOffice > Finance | Marketing | Production (displayed in vertical list). The event to enable the menu to select this customized menu dynamically would be the page load event from the SharePoint site the user is currently on. I have attached 2 files. One file explaining the menu display of ChildNodes and the other image showing our existing Mega Menu with static and dynamic content.

Regards,
Alex Dove
Daniel Lisowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Apr 2011, 05:16 PM
Are there any ideas or suggestions on my issue by anyone?

Alex
Kalina
Telerik team
answered on 26 Apr 2011, 09:45 AM
Hi,

Please take a look at this forum thread where your question has been already answered.

Kind regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Tags
Menu
Asked by
Daniel Lisowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Daniel Lisowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kalina
Telerik team