Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET Core Forum
1 answer
148 views

As a followup to the question linked below, how would I cause an error message to be displayed on the grid for a dependent column.  In the question from yesterday I was able to see that a row was dirty, but need a particular column (Comments) to be required if the row has been modified.  The question is how would I get the validation message to show up for the Comments field?

 

ColA ColB ColC Comments

 

If A,B,C is modified and the row becomes dirty, I would like the validation message to show up when the user clicks "Save Changes" on the toolbar if the Comments field is empty.

https://www.telerik.com/forums/grid-validation---dependent-on-another-column

Eyup
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2018
1 answer
125 views
I am using the MobileServiceClient (Microsoft.Azure.Mobile.Client version 4.0.1) with the InvokeApiAsync method to do the call but always fails with a null exception. If I call an API that does not have authorization, it works fine.
So my question is if I can use the MobileServiceClient or this doesn't want to work with .NET Core. I don't want to call my APIs with HttpClient.
Mohit
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jul 2018
2 answers
119 views

I cannot get rid of the white space that is showing on the left edge of each panel bar header on this page.  Please see attached.

Thank you!

Reid
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Jul 2018
1 answer
1.0K+ views

Hello, 

I am looking for a solution how to capture the kendo dropdown list value on the code behind class after postback? I am trying to set the value property binding to the Page model property but it's not working. Any recommedation would be appreciated. 

 

        <kendo-dropdownlist name="categories" for="@Model.Input.PermitCategoryList"
                            auto-width="true"
                            option-label="Select permit Category..."
                            class="form-control"
                            value="@Model.Input.PermitCategory"
                            bind-to="@(new SelectList(@Model.Input.PermitCategoryList,"Alias","Name"))"></kendo-dropdownlist>

Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jul 2018
2 answers
134 views

I am having issues where the column headers are being truncated or displaying the column header text to far to the left. Also the data in the cells of the grid as well.

Please see attached screen shot.

Thanks!

Reid
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Jul 2018
4 answers
657 views

I have a couple of issues in trying to get the paging style working right for the dark theme.

 

1) As you can see from the screen shot the arrows that navigate are not showing in a light enough color, I want them to show as white.  And on a grid if you have it set to let's say a pager size of 50 with more than 50 the numbers to not show in a light enough color.  How do you override the .css here?

2) As you can see from the screen shot when you drop down to set the pager size the size selections are shifted to the left.  And when you select a smaller size, (i.e. 100 down to 10) the drop down fails to drop down again and freezes. 

 

I have commented out any k-grid styles that I added to override and the problems persist.

 

Any suggestions other than "please provide a demo" (respectfully) would be helpful. 

Reid
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Jul 2018
4 answers
193 views
I used to have this menu item and a project update wizard.  Are these options not part of ASP.NET Core Keno UI MVC?
Reid
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Jul 2018
5 answers
399 views

I have a grid with a large dataset that I want to limit by querying data in pages.  The Stored Procedure works fine in the paging process.  If I do not set the DataSourceResult.Total value the grid does not allow the user to click the ">" icon in the paging section, as if it sees no records. 

If I do set the total to how many records actually exist (9000 in this scenario) the grid comes up with no records.

 

Here are the lines before the Read() method returns ..

1) IQueryable<ROHS> res = viewModel.Data.AsQueryable<ROHS>();

2) DataSourceResult data = res.ToDataSourceResult(request);

3) return Json(data);

 

I can see in the debugger that res.Results View (1) shows the 100 records.

As soon as (2) happens the "Data" member of the DatasourceResult object has not records.

Can someone point out what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks

Reid
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 Jul 2018
2 answers
2.1K+ views

This Kendo UI MCC grid has issues with the page size drop down either not dropping down or if it does the page sizes are displaying to the left.  There are no custom .CSS that could be overriding it.

 

I have Googled this and read about an hour of posts and tried different things but it is not working.  I have the latest release installed.  The grid has 500 records to show and I have set to display 50 items at a time with a page sizes[] array defined.

 

.Pageable(pageable => pageable
.PageSizes(new[] { 20, 50, 100, 500 })
.PageSizes(true)
.Info(true)
//.Messages(x => x.Display("{0}-{1} from {2} Cross Reference Records").Empty("No Results"))
.Enabled(true)
.PreviousNext(true)
.Input(true)
.Numeric(true)
.Refresh(true)
//.PageSizes(true)
.ButtonCount(10)
.Refresh(true)
)

 

 

Any help would be appreciated.

 

Thanks

 

Reid
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 Jul 2018
1 answer
133 views

Hi, I wanted to ask how I could get html displayed in a grid cell via a Client Template to line up with the left side of the grid. I've played around with some css but nothing I'm doing seems to work. I've include a screenshot of what's happening and below is an example of my code.

function getAlarmTypes(typesArray) {
    var allTypes = ""
 
    typesArray.forEach(function (element) {
 
        allTypes += "<li><strong>" + element.optionDesc.trim() + "</strong></li>"
 
        value = element.gcfDataValue
 
        if ((value & 1) == 1) {
            //bit 0
            allTypes += "<li>Shutdown</li>"
        }
 
        if ((value & 2) == 2) {
            //bit 1
            allTypes += "<li>Fault</li>"
        }
 
        if ((value & 4) == 4) {
            //bit 2
            allTypes += "<li>Non-Latching</li>"
        }
 
        if ((value & 8) == 8) {
            //bit 3
            allTypes += "<li>Sequence Controlled</li>"
        }
 
        if ((value & 16) == 16) {
            //bit 4
            allTypes += "<li>Autocrossover</li>"
        }
 
        if ((value & 32) == 32) {
            //bit 5
            allTypes += "<li>RBS Shutdown</li>"
        }
 
        if ((value & 64) == 64) {
            //bit 6
            allTypes += "<li>Run Responce</li>"
        }
 
    });
 
    return ("<class=\"analogType\"><ul style=\"list-style-type:none; left:-50px\">" + allTypes + "</ul></class>").trim()
}
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2018
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?