Hi,
We are using ribbon-button and in which we are shorting its name after curtain length e.g xyz... . We see Tooltip by hovering over there , in that also we same text with Ellipsis but there we want full text. So can you please suggest or tell us how we can achieve that .
Attached Snap shot.
I am trying to Implement IBindableTemplate for creating custom Edit Template in Batch Edit Mode. Not able to implement the ExtractValues method of IBindableTemplate interface correctly. When I assign the Control.ID in InstantiateIn() method then i am getting the following error. Without this control ID how to get the values in ExtractValues() method.
System.Web.HttpException: Multiple controls with the same ID 'DepartmenCode' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.
at System.Web.UI.Control.FillNamedControlsTable(Control namingContainer, ControlCollection controls)
at System.Web.UI.Control.FillNamedControlsTable(Control namingContainer, ControlCollection controls)
at System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Hello,
I've been trying to implement some logic using RadButton, RadComboBox and RadTextBox altogether in order to set a RadLabel text.
Everything is part of an Edit Form of a RadGrid component using EditFormType="WebUserControl"
Below is my ASPX code :
01.<telerik:RadButton ID="RadButton1" runat="server" ToggleType="Radio"02. ButtonType="StandardButton" AutoPostBack="false" ReadOnly="true" ClientIDMode="Static"03. UseSubmitBehavior="false" RenderMode="Lightweight" GroupName="GroupTest"04. Checked="true">05. <ToggleStates>06. <telerik:RadButtonToggleState Text="TTC" PrimaryIconCssClass="rbToggleRadioChecked" />07. <telerik:RadButtonToggleState Text="TTC" PrimaryIconCssClass="rbToggleRadio" />08. </ToggleStates>09.</telerik:RadButton>10.<telerik:RadButton ID="RadButton2" runat="server" ToggleType="Radio"11. ButtonType="StandardButton" AutoPostBack="false" ReadOnly="true" ClientIDMode="Static"12. UseSubmitBehavior="false" RenderMode="Lightweight" GroupName="GroupTest" >13. <ToggleStates>14. <telerik:RadButtonToggleState Text="HT" PrimaryIconCssClass="rbToggleRadioChecked" />15. <telerik:RadButtonToggleState Text="HT" PrimaryIconCssClass="rbToggleRadio" />16. </ToggleStates>17.</telerik:RadButton> 18.<telerik:RadTextBox ID="RadTextBox1" runat="server"19. Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.Field1") %>' RenderMode="Lightweight" 20. onkeyup="myJsFunction1(event, 'RadTextBox1');"21. Width="110px" ClientIDMode="Static"></telerik:RadTextBox> 22.<telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" RenderMode="Lightweight"23. SelectedValue='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.Field2") %>'24. DataTextField="value" DataValueField="value" Width="80px" ClientIDMode="Static"></telerik:RadComboBox> 25.<telerik:RadLabel ID="RadLabel1" runat="server" RenderMode="Lightweight"26. ClientIDMode="Static"></telerik:RadLabel>
So my issue is that everytime I try to use some built in Telerik ClientEvent for RadComboBox, RadTextBox or RadButton I'm facing two problems :
In place of the RadTextBox's onkeyup if I use the ClientEvents-OnKeyPress event I get exactly the same problem.
I also tried to implement some client side logic to the same RadButton shown up there outside of any RadGrid but I'm still facing this issue.
I am really facing a dead end with this. Of course I could use some ASP basic controls to implement the behavior but I'd like to keep some coherence for the rendering of my web page.
Regards,
Benjamin Bourgeois.
<telerik:RadScriptBlock ID="RadScriptBlock2" runat="server"> <script type="text/javascript"> //<![CDATA[ function openImageUploader() { var oWnd = radopen("ImageUploader.aspx", "RadWindow2"); } function openImageCatalog() { var oWnd = radopen("ImageCatalog.aspx", "RadWindow3"); } function OnImageUploaderClose(oWnd, args) { //get the transferred arguments var arg = args.get_argument(); if (arg) { var contactInput = document.getElementById("<%= TopicId.ClientID %>"); if ( contactInput ) contactInput.value = arg.topicId; var btn = document.getElementById("<%= btnHidden.ClientID %>"); if (btn) btn.click(); } } //]]> </script> </telerik:RadScriptBlock> <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager2" ShowContentDuringLoad="false" VisibleStatusbar="false" ReloadOnShow="true" runat="server" Skin="Web20"> <Windows> <telerik:RadWindow runat="server" ID="RadWindow2" Modal="true" Behaviors="Move,Close" OnClientClose="OnImageUploaderClose" NavigateUrl="~/Customer/ImageUploader.aspx" Width="460px" Height="300px" > </telerik:RadWindow> <telerik:RadWindow runat="server" ID="RadWindow3" Modal="true" Behaviors="Move,Close" OnClientClose="OnImageUploaderClose" NavigateUrl="~/Customer/ImageCatalog.aspx" Width="420px" Height="480px" > </telerik:RadWindow> </Windows> </telerik:RadWindowManager> <asp:HiddenField ID="TopicId" runat="server" /> <div style="float:left; margin-left:5px;" > </div> <asp:Button ID="btnHidden" runat="server" Text="_hiddenrefresh" style="display:none;" CausesValidation="true" UseSubmitBehavior="true" OnClick="btnHidden_Click" Width="32px" />
<telerik:RadScriptBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server"> <script type="text/javascript"> //<![CDATA[ function openAddressBook() { var oWnd = radopen("AddressBook.aspx", "RadWindow1"); } function OnClientClose(oWnd,args) { //get the transferred arguments var arg = args.get_argument(); if(arg) { var contactInput = document.getElementById("<%= ContactId.ClientID %>"); contactInput.value = arg.contactId; var btn = document.getElementById("<%= btnHidden.ClientID %>"); if (btn) btn.click(); } } //]]></script> </telerik:RadScriptBlock> <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" ShowContentDuringLoad="false" VisibleStatusbar="false" ReloadOnShow="true" runat="server" Skin="Web20"> <Windows> <telerik:RadWindow runat="server" ID="RadWindow1" Modal="true" Behaviors="Move,Close" OnClientClose="OnClientClose" NavigateUrl="~/Customer/AddressBook.aspx" Width="280px" Height="540px" > </telerik:RadWindow> </Windows> </telerik:RadWindowManager> <div style="margin-bottom:10px;"> <asp:HiddenField ID="ContactId" runat="server" /> </div> <asp:Button ID="btnHidden" runat="server" Text="_hiddenrefresh" style="display:none;" CausesValidation="true" UseSubmitBehavior="true" OnClick="btnHidden_Click" Width="32px" />
After several tests, it appears that the RadWindowManager in control 1 is receiving the close event.
So I imagine that I need to use and define only one RadWindowManager somewhere, but then how can I pass my dialog box results to the correct control ? ( my knowledge with JavaScript in very poor )
Many thanks for any help
Emmanuel
I have a grid in which I am creating and populating a nested detail view using a private class (DetailTemplate) which inherits from ITemplate. The detail view is populated with controls in the InstantiiateIn method of the DetailTemplate class.
In Page_Init, I create a new instance of DetailTemplate and assign it to master.MasterTableView.NestedViewTemplate where master is the main grid and parent of the nested detail view.
The first time the page is browsed, the page renders as expected with an Expand/Collapse column in the master grid and expanding/collapsing any of the master grid's rows works as expected.
After postbacks which result in the master grid being rebound, the Expand/Collapse column of the master grid disappears. I'm guessing I'm missing assigning a new instance of DetailTemplate to master.MasterTableView.NestedViewTemplate somewhere when the master grid gets rebound. What am I missing?
Doing the following in IE will result in both lines being set to 20px:
The same thing done in Chrome results in only the first line being 20px, with the second line being set back to the default font size.
Here is the resulting HTML in IE:
<span style="font-size: 20px;">first line<br> second line</span>
and in Chrome:
<span style="font-size: 20px;">first line<br></span>second line
Is there anything that can be done to have Chrome behave like IE in this situation, so that new lines will still be within the font setting span tag? Using v 2014.1.225.45.

Hi All,
I wanted to drag a single row from one radgrid to another, but the radgrid row while being dragged is too awkwardly long or big (my radgrid's width is to screen width). Is there a functionality where I could replace a row's appearance while being dragged by the cursor?
Thanks,
Jes
I have a very strange problem I am using a RadGrid with an .ascx user control form to do editing and adding of new records. The form works fine when I am editing a record but crashes when I attempt to add a record.
This is the code used to setup the dropdown on the .ascx page
<asp:DropDownList ID="DropDownList1" runat="server" DataSourceID="EntityDataSource1" DataTextField="StatusDescription" DataValueField="StatusDescription" SelectedValue='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.Status") %>'> <asp:ListItem Selected="True" Text="Select" Value=""> </asp:ListItem> </asp:DropDownList>This is the C# code behind for that page.
namespace CrimeTips{ public partial class InvestigationDetailsControl : System.Web.UI.UserControl { private object _dataItem = null; public object DataItem { get { return this._dataItem; } set { this._dataItem = value; } } protected void DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, DropDownListEventArgs e) { string StatusValue = DropDownList1.DataValueField; } }}And here is the ASPX code for the EditFormSettings
<EditFormSettings UserControlName="InvestigationDetailsControl.ascx" EditFormType="WebUserControl"> <EditColumn UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1"> </EditColumn> </EditFormSettings>The problem is when I edit the data the form works without any issues. However, when I attempt to add a records the application crashes with the yellow screen of death with an error message stating
'DropDownList1' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.
Parameter name: value Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: 'DropDownList1' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.
Parameter name: value
I do not understand why the form works for editing purposes but will not render for the add record can someone offer an explanation and a fix for the problem?
Thanks
hi
I would like to hide link when time has passed. How should i go about it? Thanks a lot
<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Time" FilterControlAltText="Filter Time column" HeaderText="Time" ReadOnly="True" SortExpression="Time" UniqueName="Time">
<ColumnValidationSettings>
</ColumnValidationSettings>
</telerik:GridBoundColumn>
<telerik:GridButtonColumn CommandName="detailcolumn" FilterControlAltText="Filter column column" ItemStyle-ForeColor="#3498DB" ItemStyle-Font-Underline="true" HeaderText="Detail" Text="Detail"
UniqueName="detailcolumn" >
</telerik:GridButtonColumn>