Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
122 views
Good Day

I have menu Control inside a Tool-Bar and the menu background color does not look OK as depicted in the attached image, i want it to inherit the forest theme like the buttons that are on the toolbar. The Definition of my menu is like this

<telerik:RadMenu ID="RadMenu1" CssClass="imgButton" Skin="Forest" Visible="false"  BackColor="Transparent"  runat="server" ></telerik:RadMenu>

and the image is attached

Thanks
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Sep 2010
3 answers
422 views
Hai,

If I click on a date, the calendar will return the selected date correctly. But if I click on the same date once more it will return the date as '01/01/0001' . But I want the selected date when I click on a date. Plz give the solution . It is an urgent one.

Thanks & regards,
Regeesh Joseph
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Sep 2010
1 answer
64 views
Not sure what information would be helpful here. particular sections of webconfig? if needed i can post code/webconfig sections after being sanitized. i have a feeling its something stupid i missed but i cant figure out what it is. help would be appreciated!
Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Sep 2010
2 answers
126 views
Hi all,

I have a TagCloud which number of its items are increasing every day based on an algorithm.
I would like to set a fixed width and a dynamic height for this TagCloud which should be increased automatically based on the number of existing items.
How can I do this?

Cheers,
Hamed
Hamed
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Sep 2010
1 answer
111 views
I'm having a problem with displaying a nested grid in safari, it is working in firefox but not safari. I'm attaching a screenshot from both safari and firefox to show what is happening.

Any ideas?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Sep 2010
3 answers
117 views
Hi Team,

I am using radcalendar control multi-month view,

I want the month names as vertical orientation same as how we can show column headers vertically,

or set the header(month name) visible as false,

how can i do this?

Regards.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Sep 2010
3 answers
277 views
I have a number of areas in my application where I have divs containing a radtextbox or radcombobox. In IE 8 and Firefox everything seems to be fine, visually. If I run the application in IE compatibility mode (which for some reason is what my IIS 7 server is seeming to run the application as, visually) I always get a 1 pixel margin on top of each text box and below each textbox. I end up having all of these boxes appear smashed together and it's really frustrating. I believe its an inherit nature of textboxes in general in IE, and I am looking to acheive a consistent behavior regardless of combobox or textbox and regardless of browser. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks in advance!
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Sep 2010
1 answer
157 views
Hello Everyone,

I tried the code in Retain expanded/selected state in hierarchy on rebind to save the state of grid as expanded/collapse. But I have another problem, every time I click on edit command item in detail 3 the other command item for detail 2 and master table also changes. Same goes to detail 2, every time i click on edit command item in detail 2 the command item master table also changes.

Please see the attached screenshots Before and After clicking the edit command item.

Below is my C# code for customizing the visibility of command items.
protected void gridCPDiag_ItemDataBound(object sender, Telerik.WebControls.GridItemEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Item is GridCommandItem && e.Item.OwnerTableView.Name == "Detail2")
            {
                GridCommandItem visitcommandItem = (GridCommandItem)e.Item;
                LinkButton visitbtnAdd = (LinkButton)visitcommandItem.FindControl("det2_btnAdd");
                LinkButton visitlnkPerformInsert = (LinkButton)visitcommandItem.FindControl("det2_lnkPerformInsert");
                LinkButton visitbtnEditSelected = (LinkButton)visitcommandItem.FindControl("det2_btnEditSelected");
                LinkButton visitbtnUpdateEdited = (LinkButton)visitcommandItem.FindControl("det2_btnUpdateEdited");
                LinkButton visitbtnCancel = (LinkButton)visitcommandItem.FindControl("det2_btnCancel");
                LinkButton visitbtnDelete = (LinkButton)visitcommandItem.FindControl("det2_btnDelete");
 
 
                if (hdnCommandName.Value == "det2_initinsert" || hdnCommandName.Value == "det2_editselected")
                {
                    visitbtnAdd.Visible = false;
                    visitbtnEditSelected.Visible = false;
                    visitbtnDelete.Visible = false;                   
                    visitbtnCancel.Visible = true;
                }
 
                if (hdnCommandName.Value == "det2_initinsert")
                {
                    visitlnkPerformInsert.Visible = true;
                }
                if (hdnCommandName.Value == "det2_editselected")
                {
                    visitbtnUpdateEdited.Visible = true;
                     
                }
 
                if (hdnCommandName.Value == "det2_performinsert" || hdnCommandName.Value == "det2_update" || hdnCommandName.Value == "det2_cancelall")
                {
                    visitbtnAdd.Visible = true;
                    visitbtnEditSelected.Visible = true;
                    visitbtnDelete.Visible = true;
                    visitlnkPerformInsert.Visible = false;
                    visitbtnUpdateEdited.Visible = false;
                    visitbtnCancel.Visible = false;
                }
 
            }
 
            if (e.Item is GridCommandItem && e.Item.OwnerTableView.Name == "Detail3")
            {
                GridCommandItem inscommandItem = (GridCommandItem)e.Item;
                LinkButton insbtnAdd = (LinkButton)inscommandItem.FindControl("det3_btnAdd");
                LinkButton inslnkPerformInsert = (LinkButton)inscommandItem.FindControl("det3_lnkPerformInsert");
                LinkButton insbtnEditSelected = (LinkButton)inscommandItem.FindControl("det3_btnEditSelected");
                LinkButton insbtnUpdateEdited = (LinkButton)inscommandItem.FindControl("det3_btnUpdateEdited");
                LinkButton insbtnCancel = (LinkButton)inscommandItem.FindControl("det3_btnCancel");
                LinkButton insbtnDelete = (LinkButton)inscommandItem.FindControl("det3_btnDelete");
 
 
                if (hdnCommandName.Value == "det3_initinsert" || hdnCommandName.Value == "det3_editselected")
                {
                    insbtnAdd.Visible = false;
                    insbtnEditSelected.Visible = false;
                    insbtnDelete.Visible = false;
                    insbtnCancel.Visible = true;
                }
 
                if (hdnCommandName.Value == "det3_initinsert")
                {
                    inslnkPerformInsert.Visible = true;
                }
                if (hdnCommandName.Value == "det3_editselected")
                {
                    insbtnUpdateEdited.Visible = true;
 
                }
 
                if (hdnCommandName.Value == "det3_performinsert" || hdnCommandName.Value == "det3_update" || hdnCommandName.Value == "det3_cancelall")
                {
                    insbtnAdd.Visible = true;
                    insbtnEditSelected.Visible = true;
                    insbtnDelete.Visible = true;
                    inslnkPerformInsert.Visible = false;
                    insbtnCancel.Visible = false;
                }
            }
        }

Please help. I would really appreciate for any response.

Thanks!
Zel
zel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Sep 2010
1 answer
190 views
Hi there,

We're trying to use the RadBinaryImage control to handle the onmouseover and onmouseout events, but are in a bit of a loss in how to do so.

We have two binary images (from the database) and we want the following to occur:
  • The first one to appear as the page loads,
  • When the users hovers over it with the mouse, we want the second image to appear in the place of the first image,
  • When the second image loses focus from the mouse it should revert back to the original image.

Is there a way to achieve this without having to write the binary image to a directory beforehand?

Thanks,

Daniel
Daniel Cheney
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Sep 2010
2 answers
100 views
I learn that the paging method about rad.grid is load all the data to memory, so we found that just 100 thousands rows records slow server very much.we major in ERP system, and the database records often reach 10 millions and more. so the paging way provide by rad.grid will not adapt to the requirement. Does rad.grid provide the way which get just records of one page one time? It is, we can use the paging way provided by database such as ROW_NUMBER in sql server 2005. so the grid will load only one page records from the server and will not load all the records to dataset at first.
Robert Lou
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?