Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
145 views
I would like to display the grids header context menu from the commanditem above the grid.  Is this possible?
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Oct 2010
7 answers
244 views
Hi,

RadSplitter height 100% is not working.The requirement is there should not be Scroll bar.Insead scroll bar the splitter should increase the height based on content in the user control. Please see the below code and suggest me how to make the splitter to change its height based on its data in the user control.
 
Please look the attached jpg file.


<%@ Page Language=
"C#" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2009.3.1314.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"
    Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
<head runat="server">
    <title>Testled Page</title>
      <style type="text/css"> 
    html, body, form 
    { 
        height: 100%; 
        margin: 0px; 
        padding: 0px; 
    } 
    </style>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
        </asp:ScriptManager>
           
          <telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="100%">
            <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="Radsplitbar1" runat="server"></telerik:RadSplitBar>
            <telerik:RadPane ID="MiddlePane1" runat="server" Scrolling="None">
                <telerik:RadSplitter ID="Radsplitter2" runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal" VisibleDuringInit="false" ResizeWithParentPane="true">
                    <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="Radsplitbar3" runat="server"></telerik:RadSplitBar>
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="Radpane2" runat="server">
                         <!--User control --> 
                                    <!-- for testing i have given these dummy data -->
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                         <table border="1"><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>
                           
                    </telerik:RadPane>
                </telerik:RadSplitter>
            </telerik:RadPane>
            <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitBar2" runat="server"></telerik:RadSplitBar>
            <telerik:RadPane ID="EndPane" runat="server" Width="22px" Scrolling="None">
                <telerik:RadSlidingZone ID="Radslidingzone1" runat="server" Width="35px" ClickToOpen="true" SlideDirection="Left">
                    <telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="Radslidingpane5" Title="Analysis Period" runat="server" Width="275px">
                        <!--User control -->
                    </telerik:RadSlidingPane>
                    <telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="Radslidingpane6" Title="Trend Builder" runat="server" Width="250px">
                          <!--User control -->
                    </telerik:RadSlidingPane>
                    <telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="Radslidingpane4" Title="Configuration Settings" runat="server" Width="250px">
                         <!--User control -->
                    </telerik:RadSlidingPane>
                    <telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="Radslidingpane7" Title="SmartSupport" runat="server" Width="275px">
                        <!--User control -->
                          
                    </telerik:RadSlidingPane>
                </telerik:RadSlidingZone>
            </telerik:RadPane>
        </telerik:RadSplitter>
        
                     
    </form>
</body>
</html>



Please Suggest me how to solve this problem.


With regards,
Marees
Email:m.arunachalam@shell.com
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Oct 2010
1 answer
108 views
Hi,

In our project, we have start & End Dates (RadDatePickers), by selcting that dates Radgrid generates reports.

We are doing validation on server side.
1> The End date should be greater than start Date.
2> Date selection should be in the 6 months from current date.

Everything works well, but problem is that, if user diseble the javascript from their
machine, then  after that user is not able to select the dates or even type the date in text box of RadDatePicker.

Our need is that atleast user get a pop message  and could enter or select the date  if javascript is disebled.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Oct 2010
3 answers
288 views
Hello,

I would like to know how to cause the combo box popup to stay open even i choose any item inside.
Let say i have a treeview inside a combobox and when i click on a node i want the popup will stay open.
Actually i want to control the popup behavior, when i click on a button i want the popup will get close.

Regards,
Oren
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 Oct 2010
1 answer
89 views

Hi.

In the fileExplorer, if you change a filename but only change the case of the name eg:
myfile.txt
To
MYFILE.txt

then the changes are not saved as it thinks the file already exists (it does in essence as I know it is trying to perform a move on the file, not a rename).

Is there a way to allow this so that if a file is uploaded with a filename that has the wrong case it can be changed?

Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Oct 2010
1 answer
78 views

Hi,

         FilterDelay is not supported by Telerik.Web.UI.GridRatingColumn.

I think this is a bug, its already fixed. In which version the above bug is fixed. We are using Version is 2010.1.519.40.

Regards,
Tamilselvan.S
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Oct 2010
1 answer
89 views
Hi,

is it possible to detect whether a file has been selected during the update process and only update the image if one has been selected, in other words be able to update the other fields without always having to re-upload the image?

-a-
Peter Parsons
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Oct 2010
1 answer
119 views
Do you plan to add a "CoverFlow" animation to your RadRotator like your silverlight RadCoverFlow control ?
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Oct 2010
3 answers
186 views
Hi,

I am using a Rad Grid control that should support editing on the client side.
Currently, I have implemented this by sending custom ajax requests (via RadAjaxmanager) that send the data to be processed.
However, I experience some issues with the UI:
 1) When I enter edit mode (currently on row doubleclick) I would like to commit the editing by pressing enter. My Ajax request is sent and processed successfully, but the enter key also triggers the delete button on the current row and I get the delete confirmation message. Is there a way to ignore the delete button (or any button) when pressing enter?

 2) When I press enter by first focusing the grid itself (single click outside the edited row), I skip the delete button confirmation and all works fine, except that the row remains in edit mode (I want it to return to normal mode. I used some code on the server side to hide the edit mode but it either does nothing or hides the edit mode, along with the cell values (I get an empty row). I am using Grid.MasterTableView.ClearEditItems() to hide the active editors.

 3) (this is a more a suggestion) I think if there is a way to trigger the update/inset commands from javascript and leave the data processing for the server side, it will be OK. Also, I suppose the edit form will be closed. Is there a way to trigger an Update or Insert command for the grid to be handled by the
Grid_ItemCommand or the correspoding ItemInserted/ItemUpdated events?

Regards,
Ivaylo Slavov

UPDATE

I was able to call the commands from client side. Now the only problems I have are the enter key and the edit form not hiding.

UPDATE 2
Using <grid>.get_masterTableView().cancelAll(); hides the edit forms.
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Oct 2010
1 answer
100 views
They reset properly in IE8, but maintain selected value in Firefox
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Oct 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?