Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
7 answers
229 views
I noticed that this property takes in object.  What can I put in here to make it zero?  This would be server-side.
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Nov 2010
4 answers
225 views
Please assist. I am using Q1 2010 and am trying to implement an exploding pie chart with ajax enabled. The chart datasource is a SQLServer stored procedure.

I just can't seem to find any examples that actually work in my project. There doesn't seem to be an

ChartSeriesItem.Exploded 

 

 property any longer--- are there any recent examples like this one which looks like it is really old?

http://demos1x.telerik.com/aspnet/Controls/Examples/Integration/Ajax/Chart/DefaultCS.aspx?product=chart

or this one:

http://demos1x.telerik.com/aspnet/Chart/Examples/Programming/Poll/DefaultCS.aspx

Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Nov 2010
3 answers
159 views
Hello.

I'm trying to use "inplace editor" jquery plugin (http://jquery-in-place-editor.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/demo/index.html) on page which use telerik rad ajax controls. I have added necessary scripts fallow the instruction (http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/using-jquery-plugins.html) but it doesn't work. When I move my code to plain html page (not aspx) with jquery (without telerik) everything works fine (like on demo page). To be sure I have tested the example from telerik help with BlockUI and this works fine to, so probably the inplace editor" plugin use some more advanced functionalities of jQuery.
Anyone was successfully to integrate this plugin into aspx with telerik scripts registered?

I will be grateful for any help,
Lukas
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Nov 2010
3 answers
368 views
Hello,

I've seen a lot of examples to access to DataKeyValues from DetailTables, but I cannot find an example about doing the same in NestedViewTemplates.

Here is my RadGrid:

<telerik:RadGrid ID="ListGrid" runat="server" AllowFilteringByColumn="True"
     AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False"
     GridLines="None" ShowStatusBar="True" ShowGroupPanel="True"
     onneeddatasource="ListGrid_NeedDataSource"
     onitemcommand="ListGrid_ItemCommand">
 
     <ClientSettings AllowColumnsReorder="True" ReorderColumnsOnClient="True"
         AllowDragToGroup="True">
         <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" />
     </ClientSettings>
 
     <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="CustomerId" CommandItemDisplay="Top">
         <CommandItemSettings ExportToPdfText="Export to Pdf"></CommandItemSettings>
 
         <RowIndicatorColumn>
             <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
         </RowIndicatorColumn>
 
         <ExpandCollapseColumn>
             <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
         </ExpandCollapseColumn>
 
         <NestedViewTemplate>
             <asp:Panel runat="server" ID="InnerContainer" CssClass="viewWrap">
                 <telerik:RadTabStrip runat="server" ID="CustomersTabStrip" MultiPageID="CustomersMultipage" SelectedIndex="0">
                     <Tabs>
                         <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Contacts" PageViewID="ContactsPageView">
                         </telerik:RadTab>
                         <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Addresses" PageViewID="AddressesPageView">
                         </telerik:RadTab>
                     </Tabs>
                 </telerik:RadTabStrip>
                 <telerik:RadMultiPage runat="server" ID="CustomersMultipage" SelectedIndex="0" RenderSelectedPageOnly="false">
                     <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="ContactsPageView">
                         <telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="ContactsGrid" AllowSorting="true" DataKeyNames="ContactId"
                             onneeddatasource="ContactsGrid_NeedDataSource"
                             onitemcommand="ContactsGrid_ItemCommand">
                             <MasterTableView ShowHeader="true" AutoGenerateColumns="False" AllowPaging="true"
                                 DataKeyNames="ContactId" PageSize="5" HierarchyLoadMode="ServerOnDemand" CommandItemDisplay="Top">
                                 <Columns>
                                     <telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" Reorderable="False"
                                         Resizable="False" ShowFilterIcon="False" ShowSortIcon="False"
                                         UniqueName="EditButton" ImageUrl="~/Images/Edit.png" CommandName="Edit">
                                         <ItemStyle Width="20px" HorizontalAlign="Center" VerticalAlign="Middle" />
                                     </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                                     <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ContactId" HeaderText="Id"
                                         UniqueName="ContactId" Visible="false">
                                     </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                     <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Full Name" DataField="FullName" UniqueName="FullName">
                                     </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                     <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Position" DataField="Position" UniqueName="Position">
                                     </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                     <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Contact Type" DataField="ContactType.Description" UniqueName="ContactType">
                                     </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                     <telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn DataNavigateUrlFields="Email" DataNavigateUrlFormatString="mailto:{0}"
                                         DataTextField="Email" HeaderText="Email" UniqueName="Email" Groupable="false"
                                         AllowFiltering="false">
                                     </telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn>
                                     <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Phone" DataField="Phone" UniqueName="Phone">
                                     </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                     <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Mobile" DataField="Mobile" UniqueName="Mobile">
                                     </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                     <telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" Reorderable="False"
                                         Resizable="False" ShowFilterIcon="False" ShowSortIcon="False"
                                         UniqueName="DeleteButton" ImageUrl="~/Images/Delete.png" CommandName="Delete"
                                         ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow" ConfirmText="Are you sure you want to delete this record?" ConfirmTitle="Delete record..."
                                         ConfirmDialogHeight="130px">
                                         <ItemStyle Width="20px" HorizontalAlign="Center" VerticalAlign="Middle" />
                                     </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                                 </Columns>
                             </MasterTableView>
                         </telerik:RadGrid>
                     </telerik:RadPageView>
                     <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="AddressesPageView">
                         <telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="AddressesGrid" AllowSorting="true" DataKeyNames="AddressId"
                             onneeddatasource="AddressesGrid_NeedDataSource"
                             onitemcommand="AddressesGrid_ItemCommand">
                             <MasterTableView ShowHeader="true" AutoGenerateColumns="False" AllowPaging="true"
                                 DataKeyNames="AddressId" PageSize="5" HierarchyLoadMode="ServerOnDemand" CommandItemDisplay="Top">
                                 <Columns>
                                     <telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" Reorderable="False"
                                         Resizable="False" ShowFilterIcon="False" ShowSortIcon="False"
                                         UniqueName="EditButton" ImageUrl="~/Images/Edit.png" CommandName="Edit">
                                         <ItemStyle Width="20px" HorizontalAlign="Center" VerticalAlign="Middle" />
                                     </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                                     <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="AddressId" HeaderText="Id"
                                         UniqueName="AddressId" Visible="false">
                                     </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                     <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Address Type" DataField="AddressType" UniqueName="AddressType">
                                     </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                     <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Full Address" DataField="FullAddress" UniqueName="FullAddress">
                                     </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                     <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Zip Code" DataField="ZipCode" UniqueName="ZipCode">
                                     </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                     <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="City" DataField="City" UniqueName="City">
                                     </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                     <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Province" DataField="Province" UniqueName="Province">
                                     </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                     <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Country" DataField="Country" UniqueName="Country">
                                     </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                     <telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" Reorderable="False"
                                         Resizable="False" ShowFilterIcon="False" ShowSortIcon="False"
                                         UniqueName="DeleteButton" ImageUrl="~/Images/Delete.png" CommandName="Delete"
                                         ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow" ConfirmText="Are you sure you want to delete this record?" ConfirmTitle="Delete record..."
                                         ConfirmDialogHeight="130px">
                                         <ItemStyle Width="20px" HorizontalAlign="Center" VerticalAlign="Middle" />
                                     </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                                 </Columns>
                             </MasterTableView>
                         </telerik:RadGrid>
                     </telerik:RadPageView>
                 </telerik:RadMultiPage>
             </asp:Panel>
         </NestedViewTemplate>
 
         <Columns>
             <telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" Reorderable="False"
                 Resizable="False" ShowFilterIcon="False" ShowSortIcon="False"
                 UniqueName="EditButton" ImageUrl="~/Images/Edit.png" CommandName="Edit">
                 <ItemStyle Width="20px" HorizontalAlign="Center" VerticalAlign="Middle" />
             </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
             <telerik:GridImageColumn AllowFiltering="False" AllowSorting="False"
                 DataAlternateTextField="Name" DataImageUrlFields="Logo"
                 DataImageUrlFormatString="~/Images/Customers/{0}" Groupable="False"
                 HeaderText="Logo" ImageHeight="64px" ImageWidth="64px" ShowSortIcon="False"
                 UniqueName="Logo" ItemStyle-Width="75px">
                 <ItemStyle Width="75px" />
             </telerik:GridImageColumn>
             <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="CustomerId" HeaderText="Id"
                 UniqueName="CustomerId" Visible="false">
             </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
             <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Name" HeaderText="Name"
                 UniqueName="Name">
             </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
             <telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn DataNavigateUrlFields="Web"
                 DataNavigateUrlFormatString="{0}" DataTextField="Web"
                 HeaderText="Web" UniqueName="Web" Target="_blank" Groupable="false"
                 AllowFiltering="false">
             </telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn>
             <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Group.Name" HeaderText="Group"
                 UniqueName="Group">
             </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
             <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="AccountManager.FullName" HeaderText="Acct. Manager"
                 UniqueName="AccountManager">
             </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
             <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="SIC.Description" HeaderText="SIC"
                 UniqueName="SIC">
             </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
             <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn DataField="IsProspect" HeaderText="Prospect"
                 UniqueName="IsProspect">
             </telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn>
             <telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" Reorderable="False"
                 Resizable="False" ShowFilterIcon="False" ShowSortIcon="False"
                 UniqueName="DeleteButton" ImageUrl="~/Images/Delete.png" CommandName="Delete"
                 ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow" ConfirmText="Are you sure you want to delete this record?" ConfirmTitle="Delete record..."
                 ConfirmDialogHeight="130px">
                 <ItemStyle Width="20px" HorizontalAlign="Center" VerticalAlign="Middle" />
             </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
         </Columns>
 
     </MasterTableView>
 
     <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" Position="Bottom" />
 
     <HeaderContextMenu EnableImageSprites="True" CssClass="GridContextMenu GridContextMenu_Default"></HeaderContextMenu>
 
 </telerik:RadGrid>

How can I get parent DataKeyValues from a child ItemCommand event? I need the CustomerId value in order to pass this parameter to another page.

Any idea?
Thanks a lot in advanced,
Jose
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Nov 2010
3 answers
110 views
I have a page that contains a radtabstrip with five tabs.
There is a RadMultiPage that corresponds to each tab.
Each RadMultiPage contains a grid, and each grid does some item manipulation on _OnItemDatabound. Each grid also has paging enabled.
Everything works fine until I go the next page in grid X on Tab X. If I then click Tab Y, Grid Y has lost the changes that had occurred when it was databound. If I forced the grid to rebind, it would fix the problem, but I would rather not rebind this grid.
What causes this grid to revert to it's original state (before onItemDatabound modified the column content)?
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Nov 2010
2 answers
154 views

I am in process of upgrading our existing projects from ASP.NET 3.5 to 4.0 and switching from Visual Studio 2008 to 2010. During this process I have had no trouble converting the projects and getting them to work in the development environment, but as soon as I put them into production, the RadToolBar will not update the other asp controls we have set up. No error is thrown. Nothing happens when the button is pushed. It is as if the button was not pushed at all. In ASP.NET 3.5, everything worked great. Our production server runs on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and we serve our internal websites through IIS 7. The website is created separately from other websites and is not stored in inetpub\wwwroot. It also runs on its own application pool. These websites are used internally and are set up to open in Internet Explorer 8 by simply typing the name of the web application into the URL. When the name of the application URL is entered along with the default page (e.g. "ThisProgramName/default.aspx"), all of a sudden everything works great. I want it set up so that including "default.aspx" in the URL is not necessary. Again, no settings have been changed in IIS 7 since the .NET 3.5 version of the web application was used other than the conversion to .NET 4. Also, when I feed the RadToolBar through RadAjaxManager I get the following error:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:03:30 UTC


Message: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.
Details: Error parsing near '

<!DOCTYPE html P'.
Line: 6
Char: 84093
Code: 0
URI: http://assessorqrycommercial/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=RadScriptManager1_TSM&compress=1&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bSystem.Web.Extensions%2c+Version%3d4.0.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d31bf3856ad364e35%3aen-US%3a1f68db6e-ab92-4c56-8744-13e09bf43565%3aea597d4b%3ab25378d2%3bTelerik.Web.UI%3aen-US%3a30468509-1b07-456a-b5f4-bb35a9cae168%3a16e4e7cd%3af7645509%3a22a6274a%3aed16cbdc%3a24ee1bba%3a1e771326%3aa7e79140

John Townsley
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Nov 2010
1 answer
178 views
Hello I have a RadPanelBar with 3 RadPanelItem 's
I set the first one as Expanded = true and others as false.
However they still all load as expanded.
Did I forget a setting?

Preview:
http://beta.simpletick.com/marketplace/add/default.aspx

code:

<telerik:RadPanelBar ID="RadPanelBar1" runat="server" Width="100%" ExpandMode="FullExpandedItem">
        <Items>
            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Expanded="True" Text="How to setup a SimpleTick theme for the marketplace"
                Width="100%" CssClass="PanelTitle">
                <ItemTemplate>
                            <div style="width: 425px" id="__ss_5659144">
                                <strong style="display: block; margin: 12px 0 4px"><a href="http://www.slideshare.net/simpletick/simpletick-theme-marketplace"
                                    title="SimpleTick Theme Marketplace ">SimpleTick Theme Marketplace </a></strong>
                                <object id="__sse5659144" width="425" height="355">
                                    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
                                    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
                                    <embed name="__sse5659144" src="http://static.slidesharecdn.com/swf/ssplayer2.swf?doc=marketplace-101103151706-phpapp01&rel=0&stripped_title=simpletick-theme-marketplace&userName=simpletick"
                                        type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"
                                        width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
                            </div>
                        </ItemTemplate>
            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Expanded="False" Text="Submit your theme now"
                Width="100%" CssClass="PanelTitle">
                 
               <ItemTemplate>
                         
                            <br />
                                <asp:Button ID="SubmitThemeButton"  runat="server"
        Text="Submit Theme"
        ToolTip="This will save your theme to the SimpleTick marketplace"
        onclick="SubmitThemeButton_Click" />
                             
                        </ItemTemplate>
            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
            <telerik:RadPanelItem Expanded="False" Enabled="False" Text="Status" Width="100%" CssClass="PanelTitle">
                 
               <ItemTemplate>
                            <p>
Your theme has been successfully submitted to the SimpleTick Marketplace. <br />
                            Team SimpleTick will inspect your template for compatibility and originality before approving and releasing your theme to the marketplace.<br />
                            We'll send you an email when it's live. Thanks!
 
                            </p>
                        </ItemTemplate>
            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
        </Items>
    </telerik:RadPanelBar>
Aron
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Nov 2010
1 answer
69 views
Hi guys,
I have a gridboundcolumn call "ReasonCode".I need to display inside this column a image based on criteria which is coming from another column.I create a template column but it gives me a extra column on the grid.I need display image inside the column.

As always thanks for your help.
Marin
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Nov 2010
3 answers
95 views
...when I make a new site (not webapp, website) and hook it into IIS7.5 no click events on the page fire on default.aspx unless it explicitly specified in the url.

So like
http://www.mysite.com/      <- no button events hit the code behind, but page lifecycle works great
http://www.mysite.com/default.aspx     <- no issues at all

Has anyone else seen this?  Googling comes up with nothing for me...
John Townsley
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Nov 2010
2 answers
216 views
Almost every web application has a help item on the menu.  When the user clicks the "Help" item on the menu, I want to open a window having the help inside.  I did not see an example of how to do it.  Can you give me one?

Or maybe there is some other way to accomplish the goal.
I do not have to have a radwindow but I need some way for a user to click "Help" on the menu and browse help and when done, easily return to the page where the user started.  If you simply set the url for the "Help" menu item to "index.html", the starting page for help, then the only way to return to the page you started on (after browsing through help pages) is to use the "back" button repeatedly.

If opening help in a window from a user click on a menu item is not possible, then how can I set up an html button on the master page that will open help in a window, such that this button will appear and work on every page?

John Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?