Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
112 views
Hi folks,
I have a project that firstly builds a radgrid a runtime, and then for each row in the radgrid then builds a treeview that is added to the controls for the current row of the grid.

When the user makes a selection from the treenode, we are using client-side events to pass parameters. What we would like to happen is for the treeview node to stay highlighted when clicked but this is not happening. I tried placing a hardcoded treeview outside of the radgrid and this worked fine. Is there a setting in the radgrid that is overriding the treeview node showing its selection?

Regards,
Ian W.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
2 answers
115 views
I have a RadGrid contained in a .ascx control that I have the Export properties set on the grid.  This ascx control is used in a RadTabStrip control contained in a standard .aspx page.  When I select an export format from the Grid(xls, pdf) the data is not downloaded. 

I also have a RADGrid contained in a seperate aspx page that has the same functionality enabled, and I am able to export the information with no issues. 

I have played around with the export settings (openInNewWindow/ExportOnlyData) and I am still not able to export data.  Could there be an issue with the RADTabstrip which is displaying the ascx control handling the export request?
Matt Frank
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
3 answers
144 views
Hi,

I am using your Grid / RadNumericTextBox for Footer Totals example.

<script type="text/javascript">
            var sumInput = null;
            var tempValue = 0.0;
            function Load(sender, args) {
                sumInput = sender;
            }
            function Blur(sender, args) {
                sumInput.set_value(tempValue + sender.get_value());
            }
            function Focus(sender, args) {
                tempValue = sumInput.get_value() - sender.get_value();
            } 
        </script>

I have got  2 columns,  Amount1 and Amount2.  

Amount1 is a GridBoundColumn and Amount2 is GridTemplateColumn which  have RadNumericTextBox. 

When I enter value in amount2 textbox it updates the textbox in footer control at client side using above JavaScript code, which is i great.

What I also want is this when user enter value in amount2  textbox i want to check if  this amount2 must be less than in Amount1 column at client side.

Can you please tell me how d i do this?

Many thanks



 
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
1 answer
101 views
hello telerik team:

    I have one suggestion: Telerik Radajax control should add some new control about office document operation, some can implement read and write doc/xls files directly without install ms office.

BigQ
Prangadj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
1 answer
112 views
Hi,

I can't find any instructions as to how to modify SP Radgrid skins. I have used the online skin generator to generate a new skin and now need to know how to register my new skin and where to save the files to  

Can any one help?

Many thanks in advance,

Chris
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
1 answer
65 views
Hello,
        I am using Telerik control(RadGrid) in sharepoint2007. getting  the Error when i am using GridTemplateColumn

 

        error is <%#Eval("Comments")%> and <%#Bind("Comments")%> is not working in sharepoint2007. 

<
telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Comments" DataField="Comments" SortExpression="Comments"

 

 

UniqueName="Comments" AllowFiltering="false">

 

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

<%

#Eval("Comments") %>

 

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

 

<EditItemTemplate>

 

 

<telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtComments" Text='<%#Bind("Comments") %>' Visible="true"

 

 

runat="server" TextMode="MultiLine" Width="97%">

 

 

</telerik:RadTextBox>

 

 

</EditItemTemplate>

 

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

Any idea about this problem?

 

Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
3 answers
80 views
How do I make the button depress on Mousedown?

Let me give an example...

In the Demos page when you click the skin dropdown it shows 3 states, normal, hover, click...so if I choose Sitefinity then try and click the button...I don't see the clicked state.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
1 answer
93 views
I'm losing State when using IE8. any ideas?
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
7 answers
253 views
Hi

I want to customize the DataPager UI. I would like to show a datapager similar to that of PrevNextNumeric pager. But I want to show all buttons (previous, next and numeric) as plain links (Simple anchor tags in html).  Hide the previous link when the current page is fist page also hide the last button when current page is last page.

How can I customize the UI? One option I can think of is using PagerTemplate and writing custom code to implement.

But is there any simple alternative for this? If not can some one provide me with a sample of how it's done u sing pagertemplate.

Note : I'm using custom paging too. But I think it does not make much difference.

I have attached how I want the UI to look like.

Thanks in advance,
Kartheek.
dscho
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
1 answer
59 views
Hi,

I am using RadAjaxLoadingPanel  to populate data.In Visual Studio 2008 Development Server when I run the application I am able run the functionality.But when I Publish my website in IIS 7.0 the page is generating error -"The propert yor object is not supported'.I am using IE 8.0 under Vista.My Telrik version is 2009.1.311.35.I have not put the same in GAC.
The following config section is used to configure Telrik controls

 <httpHandlers>
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" validate="false"/>
      <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>
      <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
      <add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
      <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" validate="false"/>
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" validate="false"/>
    </httpHandlers>

Please help on this to successfully run the same on IIS 7.0 Published code.
 
Feroz
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?