Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
144 views
I have several checkboxes in a RadGrid and checkBoxe 4 does an AutoPostback to DoSomething(object obj, EventArgs e). 

This works great and I don't want change anything and I use datakeys to get my values from the row.  I also don't want to loop through GridDataItems to find out if checkbox 1-3 are checked.  

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Comments" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left" HeaderStyle-Width="250px" Groupable="false" ItemStyle-VerticalAlign="Top" UniqueName="CheckBoxes">
  <ItemTemplate>                           
     <asp:CheckBox ID="CheckBox1" Text="CheckBox 1" runat="server" /><br /> 
     <asp:CheckBox ID="CheckBox2" Text="CheckBox 2" runat="server" /><br /> 
     <asp:CheckBox ID="CheckBox3" Text="ChcekBox 3" runat="server" /><br />
     <asp:CheckBox ID="CheckBox4" Text="CheckBox 4" OnCheckedChanged="DoSomething" AutoPostBack="True"  runat="server" />
  </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

II would like to see of the checkboxes for 1-3 are checked, since checkbox 4 is firing the postback "DoSomething".
protected void DoSomething(object obj, EventArgs e)
 {
    CheckBox checkBox1 = (CheckBox)obj;
    GridDataItem checkedOffer = (obj as CheckBox).NamingContainer as GridDataItem;
     if ((obj as CheckBox).Checked)
        {
          // I need to find the other checkboxes in here when someone clicks on CheckBox 4
        }
 }

Thank you in advance!
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
1 answer
152 views
Hi,
Is it possible to add / Edit a node with treelistview?
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
8 answers
348 views
Hi

I am trying to use the radToolTipManager with a radlistbox. Is it possible to use the manager to display a tooltip for each radlisboxitem
Here is my code that I use to add the items to the manager. My OnAjaxUpdate event wont fire att all.

 

protected void chkListRoles_ItemDataBound(object sender, RadListBoxItemEventArgs e) 
  
{
  
if (e.Item is RadListBoxItem) 
  
{
  
(e.Item 
  
  
  
as RadListBoxItem).Attributes["id"] = Guid.NewGuid().ToString(); 
   
string id = (e.Item as RadListBoxItem).Attributes["id"]; 
  
this.radToolTipManager1.TargetControls.Add(id, (e.Item as RadListBoxItem).Value.ToString(), true); 
   
  
}
  
   
  
}

Thank you
Fred

 

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
5 answers
306 views
Hello,

RadControls 2009.1.527.20

I have a RadMenu populated from an XML file:

Default.aspx:
<telerik:RadMenu
    ID="RadMenu_LeftNav"
    runat="server"
    CssClass="RadMenu_LeftNav"
    Flow="Vertical"
    Height="650px"
    Width="138px"
    />

Default.aspx.cs:
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    RadMenu_LeftNav.LoadContentFile("~/App_Data/Menus/RadMenu_LeftNav.xml");
}


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Menu>
  <Group>
    <Item Text="Contacts" ImageUrl="/Images/64x64/Contacts_01.png">
      <Group>
        <Item Text="Create Contact"          NavigateUrl="CreateContact.ascx" />
        <Item Text="Delete Contact"          NavigateUrl="DeleteContact.ascx" />
        <Item Text="Manage Contacts"        NavigateUrl="Manage Contacts" />
        <Item Text="Upgrade To Mailbox" NavigateUrl="UpgradeContact.ascx" />
      </Group>
    </Item>
...
...
  </Group>
</Menu>

The image in the ImageUrl attribute is 96x96 pixels.  The image display outside of the hover highlight.  See the attached screenshot.

I have a few questions:

  • Does the RadMenu support images of various sizes?  If so, how do I implement that?

 

  • Is it possible to have one <ItemTemplate> definition for the root menu item and a different <ItemTemplate> for the child menu items?  If so, how do I implement that, and is it possible to do this when loading the RadMenu from an XML file?

 

  • Where can I find a "complete" definition for the XML file to populate a RadMenu?  I have found various formats on the web for this XML file definition which all work, some are very basic (i.e., just <Items><Item>...</Item></Items> nodes), and some more detailed (i.e., <Menu><Group><Item>...</Item></Group></Menu> nodes).

Thanks,

Randall Price

Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
1 answer
54 views
In a larger application, I have updated from the old RadControls toolset (~2007) to the new AJAX version. Besides I have replaced a RadMenu with a RadToolbar. However in Internet Explorer, some items on the toolbar and on dropdowns invoked on that toolbar have invisible item texts. As soon as the user hovers the mouse over an entry that is invisible, its text appears in light color...

Things work fine in Firefox. However, the main target platform is the all-loved Internet Explorer 6.0...

I'm using the Default Skin and have enabled embedded skins. I do modify the state of the toolbar items through ajax requests a lot. For reference, I have attached two small screenshots to illustrate. Best reagrds,
Helge
lenuweit
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
1 answer
149 views
Hi all,


I am using data relation in radgrid. Autogenerated column = true

I want ot hide the parent header.
Kindly advise.


I am in hurry !!!


Bharat Rathore
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
3 answers
97 views
I'm using the method get_appointments () but it does not bring all the records that was returned by the query. So I figured it creates only those that appear in the scheduler.

How do I create it all Appointment?
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
2 answers
190 views
Hello all,

This may be a simple question, or just impossible...

I want to display a grid with some simple data in it (text and two dates), with an edit command column on it.  When the user clicks the edit image, I want to REPLACE the row with an editable row, showing [SAVE][CANCEL] <Label><TextBox> <Label><RadDatePicker> <Label><RadDatePicker> [DELETE].

I can do most of this using the FormTemplate and creating a custom set of divs, no problems.  The part I'm having trouble with is getting the list row to turn into an editable row in the same place in the grid.

Can this be done?  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

kitster
Kit
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
1 answer
101 views
I am trying to figure out how to be able to access all of the cells in a radgrid client-side, even if there are multiple pages on the grid.  The code i have now to access values only works on the first page, and is included below.  But i would like to be able to do something similar and extract values from all pages, without actually visibly changing pages on the browser so the client can't see.  Thanks.

 

    var panelbar = $find("RadPanelBar3");
    var item = panelbar.findItemByText("Step 3: View Query Results");
    var qgrid = item.findControl("grdQResults");
    var masterTable = qgrid.get_masterTableView();
    var qapi = masterTable.getCellByColumnUniqueName(masterTable.get_dataItems()[0], "Location").innerHTML;
    var numrows = masterTable._dataItems.length;
          
        var intxv = 0;
        var strfields="";
        for (intxv = 0; intxv <= numrows - 1; intxv++) {
        strfields = strfields + masterTable._dataItems[intxv]._element.all[1].innerHTML + "|"
}

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
8 answers
1.0K+ views
Hi

I want to use the Date picker for multiple date selection. I've seen it on the calendar but couldn't find it on the date picker. My plan is to be able to take the multiple dates stored the string of dates as a delimited string and then also be able to return the string and bind it back to date picker from that delimited string.

Help?

--Mike
Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?