Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
714 views
hi

i have a grid with some datas in it when i select a row or column the corresponding items has to get binded to the text box outside the grid what should i do to achieve this pl tell  me  a good suggestion and i need an immediate reply

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Nov 2010
1 answer
448 views

Hi

I am using a GridDropDownColumn with AllowAutomaticLoadOnDemand enabled in a radgrid that is using the

NeedDataSource event to bind to my datset. As soon as try to use the dropdown I receive the following error

"There is no assigned datasource. Unable to complete the callback request"

Here is my GridDropDownColumn

Thank you
 Fred

<telerik:GridDropDownColumn UniqueName="Account" DataField="accountCode" DropDownControlType="RadComboBox"
                               HeaderText="Account" DataSourceID="AccountDataSource" HeaderStyle-Width="150px"
                               ListTextField="name" ListValueField="code" EnableEmptyListItem="true"
                               AllowAutomaticLoadOnDemand="true" ShowMoreResultsBox="true" ItemsPerRequest="10"
                               AllowVirtualScrolling="true">
                           </telerik:GridDropDownColumn>
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Nov 2010
0 answers
49 views
Hi


I have a master page , which have a tool Bar containing 4 Buttons like "Add , Save, Delete and Undo"
Content Page contains 4 Tabs like General, TimeCapture , Overtime , Sites, Each one is a User Control. and we need to perform 4 actions for Each tabs.

now i am Saving on Sites Tab but time it goes to my first Tab's Save Events how can i perforom Save Event of Sites TAb.
 
I have using Multiview for Tab switching.
 


Thanks in Advanced
Neeraj jain      
Neeraj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 29 Nov 2010
2 answers
188 views
Hi!

I have a Toolbar and i need to set it's item's background color to #1C1C1C. The toolbar has the "Black" skin applied. The toolbar's background is transparent and item's images are transparent as well. So, I nee to match an item's backcolor. See images for clarification.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 Nov 2010
3 answers
129 views
Hi.

I am getting Object reference not set to an instance of an object error while retriving RadComboBox id in RadGrid edit command.Please help me...

Here is my Code:

 

protected void gvPOW_ItemCommand(object sender, GridCommandEventArgs e)

 

{

 

if (e.CommandName == "Edit")

 

{

 

GridDataItem item = (GridDataItem)e.Item;

 

gvPOW.Rebind();

 

RadComboBox ddlCity = item.FindControl("gvddlPOWCity") as RadComboBox;

 

 

RadComboBox ddlProject = item.FindControl("gvddlPOWProject") as RadComboBox;

 

 

string city = ddlCity.SelectedValue;

 

 

cmd = new SqlCommand("select ProjectName, ProjectId from Projects where CityId =" + ddlCity.SelectedValue, con);

 

 

SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter(cmd);

 

 

DataSet ds = new DataSet("DS");

 

da.Fill(ds,

"Branches");

 

ddlProject.DataSourceID =

null;

 

ddlProject.Items.Clear();

ddlProject.Items.Add(

new RadComboBoxItem("Select Project", "0"));

 

ddlProject.DataSource = ds;

ddlProject.DataBind();

}

}

I want to bind Project details based on City which was selected in Edit mode.Please help me...

Thanks in advance...

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Nov 2010
1 answer
115 views
Hi,

Recently i have downloaded Internet Explorer-9.0. and installed it. and all of a sudden i found that treeview is not working in IE-9.0.

when i tried to your sample code for 2010 Q3 dll. it is not supporting click on the + button when some one double clicks on the node then it is getting opened.

Please look into the matter.
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Nov 2010
1 answer
110 views
Hi,

I have followed this example:

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grdfilteringwithdropdownlist.html

and created a custom filter. Code is below:

public class StageFilterColumn : GridBoundColumn
    {       
        public StageFilterColumn ()
        {
           
        }

        protected override void SetupFilterControls(TableCell cell)
        {
            base.SetupFilterControls(cell);
            cell.Controls.RemoveAt(0);
            DropDownList list = new DropDownList();
            list.ID = "list" + this.DataField;
            list.AutoPostBack = true;
            list.SelectedIndexChanged += new EventHandler(list_SelectedIndexChanged);
            cell.Controls.AddAt(0, list);
            cell.Controls.RemoveAt(1);
            List<string> stagesStringList = GetDistinctStages();

            ListItem li0 = new ListItem("All Stages", "-1");
            list.Items.Add(li0);

            foreach (string stage in stagesStringList)
            {
                ListItem listItem = new ListItem(stage, stage);
                list.Items.Add(listItem);
            }
        }

        void list_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            DropDownList dl = (DropDownList)sender;
            GridFilteringItem filterItem = dl.NamingContainer as GridFilteringItem;
            if (dl.SelectedItem.Value != "-1")
                filterItem.FireCommandEvent("Filter", new Pair("EqualTo", this.UniqueName));
            else
                filterItem.FireCommandEvent("Filter", new Pair("NoFilter", this.UniqueName));
        }

        //RadGrid calls this method when the value should be set to the filtering input control(s)
        protected override void SetCurrentFilterValueToControl(TableCell cell)
        {
            base.SetCurrentFilterValueToControl(cell);
            DropDownList list = (DropDownList)cell.Controls[0];
            if (this.CurrentFilterValue != string.Empty)
            {
                list.SelectedValue = this.CurrentFilterValue;
            }
        }

        //RadGrid calls this method to extract the filtering value from the filtering input control(s)
        protected override string GetCurrentFilterValueFromControl(TableCell cell)
        {
            DropDownList list = (DropDownList)cell.Controls[0];
            return list.SelectedValue;
        }
        protected override string GetFilterDataField()
        {
            return this.DataField;
        }

    }

I am also filtering on other columns where the user types something and then tabs away from the text box and it does an auto postback to filter the data but it returns no data at all. If I filter by my custom column then it is fine. If I filter by my custom column and then filter by any other column it also works as expected. 

When I filter by any other column the first time (this is when no data is returned when I know it should be) I looked at the filter expression and basically it is something like this (if (column1Filter == "criteriaIEntered" && customFilterColumn = "-1"). I believe the second bit customFilterColumn = "-1" causes the problem even though I am not filtering by this.

Content and Code
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Nov 2010
1 answer
56 views

I have problem with entering number to control 'Page Size' using SHIFT + Number key. Actual set culture is 'sk-SK'. Please, can You help me ?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Nov 2010
1 answer
90 views
Hello,

Positioning telerik popup is always a problem.

How do I position telerik popup to specific location?!

Thank you

Regards
Raj
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Nov 2010
3 answers
142 views
hello!! 

Help me please...

picture see~~

Help me.. I sad..
Jani
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?