Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
412 views
I ve the following code for displaying multi column combobox.
1) I want the table to get automatically resize instead of me setting the width. What should I do to make the table automatically resizable?
2) Also if I make the width to get the horizontal scrollbar appear, it just moves the data in the table and not the header. What should I do to have the header move?
<telerik:RadComboBox ID="rcbCategory" Runat="server" DataSourceID="dsCategories" DataTextField="Description" DataValueField="Code" AppendDataBoundItems="true" EmptyMessage="Select category..."Width="200px" DropDownWidth="500px" EnableVirtualScrolling="true" HighlightTemplatedItems="true" MarkFirstMatch="true">
<HeaderTemplate>
<table style="width: 480px" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<th style="width: 100px;">Code</th>
<th style="width: 100px;">Description</th>
<th style="width: 100px;">Division</th>
<th style="width: 180px;">Department</th>
</tr>
</table>
</HeaderTemplate>
<ItemTemplate>
<table style="width: 480px" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td style="width: 100px;"> <%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Code")%></td>
<td style="width: 100px;"> <%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Description")%> </td>
<td style="width: 100px;"> <%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Division")%> </td>
<td style="width: 180px;"> <%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Dept")%> </td>
</tr>
</table>
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadComboBox>

 

Kalina
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
4 answers
147 views
Hi,

For a page with a scheduler control on it, I would like to have a refresh function. The scheduler gets it's data from a WCF webservice. I would like to use that to read appointments again and to prevent a postback begin fired. What clientside JS method is available for reading / refreshing all appointments on the current timeframe of the scheduler control?
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
1 answer
76 views
how to increase width for radDropDowncolumn in radgrid
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
4 answers
404 views
I have a dynamically built radgrid which outputs a list of products and their unit price. 
I have also created a template column for the grid which puts a textbox on each row so that a user can enter a quantity.

What I need to do is have some javascript so that when a user enters the quantity into the textbox for a given row, the cost of the unit price multiplied by the quantity is displayed on the row in another column, under the header text "Line Total", and the total of these for all of the rows is displayed at the bottom of the grid.

I also need to be able to have several of these grids on the same page and have the total for all grids displayed at the bottom of the page.

I have managed to get the grids all built ok and have the textboxes output but am really stumped as to how to proceed.

ANY help would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
Karl

Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
3 answers
126 views
I'm using Telerik.Style.Version 2009.3.1103. In my Telerik.skin file I have the following:

<telerik:RadComboBox

 

 

SkinID="RadCombobox_MultiSelect_Standard"

 

 

runat="server"

 

 

AllowCustomText="true"

 

 

HighlightTemplatedItems="true"

 

 

ChangeTextOnKeyBoardNavigation="False"

 

 

MarkFirstMatch="true"

 

 

Mode="MultiMode"

 

 

Width="100%"

 

 

MaxHeight="150px"

 

/>

 



 


In my ASPX file for my RadComboBox I have the following:

<

 

div class="small">

 

 

<p>

 

 

<aca:RefDataLabel ID="lblStatus" runat="server"></aca:RefDataLabel></p>

 

 

<afs:RadComboBox runat="server" ID="rcbStatus" SkinID="RadCombobox_MultiSelect_Standard"

 

 

DisplayType="Value">

 

 

</afs:RadComboBox>

 

 

</div>

 

When I run my page in IE 8 with compatible mode 'On', I'm able to see my combo box normally. If I turn 'Off' the compatible mode, the combobox basically shows only the arrow to click. So, its size is reduced to zero.

I have seen some issue related to the size of radcombobox being increased instead of decreased for the same scenario I described above. But, even for that I didn't find a solution provided officially by Telerik.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Kind Regards,
Gent

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
1 answer
118 views
I am having following markup for radCombo

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="rcbNewCategory" runat="server" Width="250px" Height="100px" Skin="Office2007"
                   AllowCustomText="true" ShowToggleImage="true" ShowMoreResultsBox="True" DataTextField="CategoryName" DataValueField="ID"
                    EnableLoadOnDemand="true"
                      EnableVirtualScrolling="true" HighlightTemplatedItems="true"  
                     Visible='<%# FillCategory(DataBinder.Eval( Container, "DataItem.ID")) %>' >
                    <ItemTemplate>
                        <div>
                        <asp:UpdatePanel ID="pnl2" runat="server">
                        <ContentTemplate>
                        <div onclick="stopPropagation(event)" >
                            <asp:CheckBox runat="server" ID="chkCat" Checked="false" OnCheckedChanged="chkCat_Changed"
                            ToolTip='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container,"DataItem.CategoryName") %>' AutoPostBack="true"/>
                            <asp:Label runat="server" ID="Label2" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container,"DataItem.CategoryName") %>'>                                   
                            </asp:Label>
                            </div>
                            </ContentTemplate>
                            </asp:UpdatePanel>
                        </div>
                    </ItemTemplate>
                </telerik:RadComboBox>

It works fine. Even if i click inside checkbox, I can update the combobox Text with ";" seprated values.

But if i have to use ItemRequested event to show only 10 items at a time,
//OnItemsRequested="rcbNewCategory_ItemsRequested"
It fails on checkbox selection change event.
Reason:   ItemCount for combobox is always 0 at the server side.

Please can you tell me the quick solution. Do i am missing some property.
I was thinking to bind the control again at the page load. But how i will know the items that were bound before. Do i have to maintain status for it in viewstate or hidden field?
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
3 answers
993 views
Hi,
   im using

CommandItemDisplay

="TopAndBottom"

 option to allow automatic insertion of records in the grid. When i place this property "Add New Record" link is displayed in the top and bottom of the grid.
and in the

oninsertcommand

="RadGroupsGrid_InsertCommand"

i wrote the code as follows:

protected void RadGroupsGrid_InsertCommand(object source, GridCommandEventArgs e)

{

GridEditFormInsertItem insertItem = (GridEditFormInsertItem)e.Item;

string GroupName = (insertItem["Group_Name"].Controls[0] as TextBox).Text;

string GroupDesc = (insertItem["Group_desc"].Controls[0] as TextBox).Text;

SqlCommand cmdNewGroup = new SqlCommand();

cmdNewGroup.Connection = con;

con.Open();

cmdNewGroup.CommandType =

CommandType.StoredProcedure;

cmdNewGroup.CommandText =

"Groups_Insert";

cmdNewGroup.Parameters.AddWithValue(

"@Group_Name", GroupName);

cmdNewGroup.Parameters.AddWithValue(

"@Group_desc", GroupDesc);

cmdNewGroup.Parameters.AddWithValue(

"@Case_Id", 3);

cmdNewGroup.ExecuteNonQuery();

}

But when i click the "Add New Record" link the event is not gettign fired and the pop-up for inserting new record is not getting displayed.
Do we need to create the controls for the insert pop-up or will it generate automatically like Edit pop-up?
Can u please tell me how to open a pop-up to insert new record automatically.

Thank you,
sirisha

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
3 answers
238 views
Hi,

I am using a telerik Rad grid in a user control page and i am using that in an aspx page .I enabled sorting.
But I am not able to apply ajax loding to that.
Can anybody explain the steps for using ajax ?

Thanks in advance!
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
1 answer
109 views
How to Sliver Light Chart in Rad Chart
Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
1 answer
167 views
The following code works fine as javascript that is behind the aspx page, however if it is called from a standalone JS file it bombs out. What is the correct code to locate a datagrid on a page.


var masterTable = $find("<%=dgServices.ClientID %>").get_masterTableView();

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?